The Student Room Group

Unoffical unpopular opinions thread 2024

We all have unpopular opinions, its who we are, its natural, but what better a place than to argue them on here because we all need a place to rant and show our opinions, but be sure to back them too cause what's the point of an unpopular opinion if your just doing it to be different.

Okay, I'll start off, I think people who are extreemly nice and freindly with everyone are actually really judgemental and they hate everyone but want to be liked. Not that unpopluar so I'll add another too just to keep the conversation going a bit.

New born babies arn't cute, like at all, and anyone who has the nerve to say they are scare me because what is cute about a swelled up meat ball. Sure after a month or so they are better but when theyre just born theyre acc really ugly. Of course I'm not saying dont love it cuase I love babies cause theyre innocent and funny, but I wouldnt call the fresh out of the womb baby cute.

Thats all from me for now but I want this to become a thing so we can actually argue our points across. Bonus points if you convince someone else of your point and why.

Thanks lovies. Be sure to contribute.

Scroll to see replies

Why’s this been reported lol.

Marmite is to blame for all the division politically these days. Marmite taught people you either love it or hate it, nothing in between, this has spread to everyday life
Reply 2
Original post by Andrew97

Marmite is to blame for all the division politically these days. Marmite taught people you either love it or hate it, nothing in between, this has spread to everyday life

Its been reported? For What lol, its litteraly so mid compared to the other things I read on here.
Also explain cause I'm uneducated in this
Reply 3
Original post by Andrew97

Wait marmite the spread😭😭😭😭. no bc if it is ur right, marmite caused everyone to choose a side and litteraly made it normal into socity, I get where your coming from with that one.
Reply 4
Honest I get where your coming from with this one (due to palastine isreal conflict), but it could quite literally be because of the injuctice that is happening and how it is nearly always in favour of the jews. Scratch that it litteraly always is at this point, but that goes without the fact that there are some jews that do disagree with what is happening around the world, but I personally always find that this number will be quite significalty small, and regadless of what people say and how nice they try to paint it, it is always the world against Islam, and since the jews are the victims in the case in the eyes of the world then they are given the upper hand. But our politacal state does follow whatever the USA says and that usually is backing isreal regardless of what they are doing, even if that is genocide. But like this thread is, unpopular opinions will almost always stay unpopular. Thx for the contribution tho x
Original post by Tatakae L
Honest I get where your coming from with this one (due to palastine isreal conflict), but it could quite literally be because of the injuctice that is happening and how it is nearly always in favour of the jews. Scratch that it litteraly always is at this point, but that goes without the fact that there are some jews that do disagree with what is happening around the world, but I personally always find that this number will be quite significalty small, and regadless of what people say and how nice they try to paint it, it is always the world against Islam, and since the jews are the victims in the case in the eyes of the world then they are given the upper hand. But our politacal state does follow whatever the USA says and that usually is backing isreal regardless of what they are doing, even if that is genocide. But like this thread is, unpopular opinions will almost always stay unpopular. Thx for the contribution tho x

That user is a troll btw.

I’d say some of my unpopular opinions but I can’t think of any at the moment and I don’t want to get cancelled or the opinion isn’t actually that unpopular.

But interesting unpopular opinions so far.
Reply 6
Original post by Talkative Toad
That user is a troll btw.

I’d say some of my unpopular opinions but I can’t think of any at the moment and I don’t want to get cancelled or the opinion isn’t actually that unpopular.

But interesting unpopular opinions so far.

I cant think of my main ones either, like usually I have so many but suddenly on the spot its so hard to think of them
Reply 7
I hate the unpopular opinion threads on here because we usually get about 10 a month, so if they can be kept to one place, fantastic.
Reply 8
Original post by gjd800
I hate the unpopular opinion threads on here because we usually get about 10 a month, so if they can be kept to one place, fantastic.

Thats why if this was made into an offical one then people could just come straight here, but Idk the process to that and how they make it offical
Original post by Tatakae L
I cant think of my main ones either, like usually I have so many but suddenly on the spot its so hard to think of them

That’s the case for me
The world is sleep walking towards authoritarianism.

Conservative voters have a far poorer grasp of economics than they think they do.

Feminism, women being too selective, or dating apps are not the reason why some men struggle with women. Those men are responsible for their situation.

Pineapple belongs on pizza.
Reply 11
Original post by Gazpacho.

Conservative voters have a far poorer grasp of economics than they think they do.

Feminism, women being too selective, or dating apps are not the reason why some men struggle with women. Those men are responsible for their situation.

For the first one I cant say I agree nor disagree cause I dont even know what that word means, hell I cant even pronouce it.

The second one I agree fully because theyre just pathetic old men that have nothing better to do than fret over money therye gonna lose when they die anyways.

Feminism has gone too far nowerdays tbh, and as a girl, woman, which ever one you would call a 16yr old, I think the suffragets would be turning in their graves if they could see what has happened to the girls of today. Genuinly, these girls dont even want men anymore. Women being selective is nature, so are men. We all look for the perfect person and if thats being selective that too bad, but im not tryna settle down with any tom,**** or harry. Dating apps are a way for women to meet men are they not so why exactly are men saying thats the reason they cant get girls? TBH overall im a bit torn on this one cause the extreem feministic side of women has changed what girls want in men, like they want men to be ok with their parter being plastered all over the internet, but in most cases thats not gonna happen, so yh if a man cant or doesnt want a girl because of that then I respect it, but other than that yh, women are gonna be women and we r hard to handle or even cope with but if the man cant see that most likely something in him is ticking us off, or he just isnt enough, then he really need to work on HIMSELF and not blame it on women.

Im sorry, but for the last one no. that is the only one I disagree with you on. Never ever does pineapple belong on pizza, I cant even stomach mushrooms or meat on pizza, pineapple is a whole different story.

Thanks for the contribution x
Reply 12

ALL of those make it harder for men to be accepted by women. I'm not saying that's objectively good or bad, although it makes my chances with women as a man far more complicated and compromised than true romance actually needs to stand a lasting chance.
Test

Edit: that worked but still weird.

Yeah these types of threads do come up frequently tbf.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Picnicl
ALL of those make it harder for men to be accepted by women. I'm not saying that's objectively good or bad, although it makes my chances with women as a man far more complicated and compromised than true romance actually needs to stand a lasting chance.

Thats what my point was too, yes these make it harder for man to get with a women, but it cant be the reason why men blame women for not dating them you know. its a bit of a 50/50 one because there is so much layers to it but it cant be the sole reason why men cant date these women and yes men are responsibe for their own situation but so are women and if thats how these girls are finding parters then so be it cause at this point there is more good guys left that dont want the girls who are everywhere but only want the girl for her. Sorry if that doesnt make sence, im litteraly running on 3 hours of sleep.
Original post by Picnicl

How do any of the things listed make it harder for men to date?They don’t. They are reasons that some men use as excuses to explain their lack of success.

The state and women are responsible for it.For example elements of counter terrorism were literally saying lone men are threats.
If that isn't a clear indicator of attacks against men then I don't know what is.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by TheStupidMoon
The state and women are responsible for it.For example elements of counter terrorism were literally saying lone men are threats.
If that isn't a clear indicator of attacks against men then I don't know what is.

Your statement has nothing to do with dating.

Although it does qualify as an unpopular opinion as most people recognise that terrorism is very gender specific, with the vast majority of terrorists being men. Off the top of my head, I can't thing of an example when a woman was the perpetrator of a successful terror attack in the UK. This is why counter terrorism focuses on men associated with Islamism, the far right, and Irish republicanism rather than your local knitting group.
Your statement has nothing to do with dating.

Although it does qualify as an unpopular opinion as most people recognise that terrorism is very gender specific, with the vast majority of terrorists being men. Off the top of my head, I can't thing of an example when a woman was the perpetrator of a successful terror attack in the UK. This is why counter terrorism focuses on men associated with Islamism, the far right, and Irish republicanism rather than your local knitting group.

That's a complete misrepresentation of the situation.My comment was just one of the many examples out there. Maybe if I can be bothered to search, there are other examples from red pill websites.

Now that I think about it, there was even a movie with that name dealing with the subject.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by TheStupidMoon
That's a complete misrepresentation of the situation.My comment was just one of the many examples out there. Maybe if I can be bothered to search, there are other examples from red pill websites.

Now that I think about it, there was even a movie with that name dealing with the subject.

Then you need to learn to make your point more cogently rather than floundering around by jumping from dating to counter terrorism.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending