The Student Room Group

Unoffical unpopular opinions thread 2024

Scroll to see replies

The government should clamp down hard on unhealthy foods / drinks, particularly that with a very high sugar content. I would like to see higher sugar taxes and packaging requirements similar to that of cigarettes.
Reply 21
Original post by SHallowvale
The government should clamp down hard on unhealthy foods / drinks, particularly that with a very high sugar content. I would like to see higher sugar taxes and packaging requirements similar to that of cigarettes.

For the well being of socity, yes, but for all the lucozade energy drinks I have before exams, defo no cause how am I going to stay awake in summer. I cant be having coffee on them hot days because I hate iced coffee. So im a bit torn because yes to be healthy defo it should happen but I need thattt
Reply 22
Original post by whumanrightz
this man is a prophet

We've been betrayed..

If every Briton fighting in WW2 could see what has happened to us, they'd have thrown down their arms.

Dont agree with you on the prophet one,not sorry about it either,

And the british people fightting in WW2, I dont think theyd have stopped because theirr families were still home.
Reply 23
communist propaganda = historical fact
Original post by Tatakae L
For the well being of socity, yes, but for all the lucozade energy drinks I have before exams, defo no cause how am I going to stay awake in summer. I cant be having coffee on them hot days because I hate iced coffee. So im a bit torn because yes to be healthy defo it should happen but I need thattt

Sounds like an addiction / dependency has formed. 😆 You should try and cut back on both.
Reply 25
Original post by SHallowvale
Sounds like an addiction / dependency has formed. 😆 You should try and cut back on both.

STOPPPP, I am not addicted to Lucodaze, dependent before my exams yes, but addicted neverrrr. Defo tho I do need to cut back but I have a terrible sleeping schedule so I need my source of energy from somewhere don't I.
I think that the government should instead make healthy food cheaper and/or teach people (especially in secondary school) how to make cheap, healthy and nutritious meals.
Reply 27
Original post by Talkative Toad
I think that the government should instead make healthy food cheaper and/or teach people (especially in secondary school) how to make cheap, healthy and nutritious meals.

Now this I second. Not only are they consistently getting the healthy things more expensive, the only knowledge of cooking that school taught me was how to make a pizza toast, and that isn't even healthy or nutritional enough in the slightest. Like in form how they teach us about things that, I'm sorry, we dont need to know (because no darlin I dont give a toss about what the best form of revision is for the 20th time in a row) they need to teach us about healthy meals, how to balance our meals and in general life. like taxes ext.
unpopular opinion (at least among my friends): school is fun and enjoyable
also i enjoy biology and algebra (although i'm taking geometry)
Reply 30
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
unpopular opinion (at least among my friends): school is fun and enjoyable

no its rlly unpopular but i acc get where you are coming from, i have a love hate relationship with school personally
Original post by Tatakae L
no its rlly unpopular but i acc get where you are coming from, i have a love hate relationship with school personally

lol
The UK should end its special relationship with the USA and try to form it with a country like France (most likely) or Germany.

I have no idea why we’re trying to import and copy all of nonsense from the USA (the politics among other things) when we most likely have much more cultural similarity or just similarity in general with our French neighbours than the USA. Not sure what the the UK sees in the USA and thinks damn this **** good (beside the USA being the most powerful Western country).

I said what I said.
The UK should end its special relationship with the USA and try to form it with a country like France (most likely) or Germany.

I have no idea why we’re trying to import and copy all of nonsense from the USA (the politics among other things) when we most likely have much more cultural similarity or just similarity in general with our French neighbours than the USA. Not sure what the the UK sees in the USA and thinks damn this **** good (beside the USA being the most powerful Western country).

I said what I said.

i mean the usa is the most powerful country, so thats the reason.

I said what I said.

Emphasis on the special and not simply the relationship in general.
Original post by jacksmith23
i mean the usa is the most powerful country, so thats the reason.

I already said that in my post. Other than this reason I don’t see what the UK sees in the USA.
(edited 2 months ago)
I already said that in my post. Other than this reason I don’t see what the UK sees in the USA.

i know, but being the strongest country has a lot of perks. protection, you could say nato but still. trade partner especially after the horrendous Brexit deal which France and Germany are a part of. Britain is more similar to America than Germany arguably. same language, similar culture, similar values.

I said what I said.

i have to agree with the politics part; it's been falling apart for the last 7 years
but historically england and france have been at odds. like in my world history class napoleon and england fought battles and imposed blockades on each other
also there is a lot of cultural/historical similarities since the usa was formed from colonists from england
Original post by jacksmith23
i know, but being the strongest country has a lot of perks. protection, you could say nato but still. trade partner especially after the horrendous Brexit deal which France and Germany are a part of. Britain is more similar to America than Germany arguably. same language, similar culture, similar values.

Yeah but other than that i don’t see what the UK sees in the US (to the point where a special relationship should have been formed) beyond it being the most powerful western country as I said and as you’ve repeated.

It just feels like the UK can’t critically think for itself and is simply doing stuff similar to the USA (not a good thing in my book). At least that’s my opinion and the vibe that I’m getting recently.
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
i have to agree with the politics part; it's been falling apart for the last 7 years
but historically england and france have been at odds. like in my world history class napoleon and england fought battles and imposed blockades on each other
also there is a lot of cultural/historical similarities since the usa was formed from colonists from england

Yeah lots of wars between the UK and France in the past
unpopular opinion (apologies in advance to all the swifties): taylor swift's music is very repetitive and her songs are highly overrated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending