The Student Room Group

Step II, III 2024

I'm in Year 12 now, and I want to apply to Cambridge for CS. This means that I have to take the TMUA, however alongside this I want to take the STEP papers, and was wondering if I could add my result to my application (to make a more competitive application I guess).
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Studybro
I'm in Year 12 now, and I want to apply to Cambridge for CS. This means that I have to take the TMUA, however alongside this I want to take the STEP papers, and was wondering if I could add my result to my application (to make a more competitive application I guess).

Just to clarify, you want to take the notorious STEP papers in the summer of Y12??!!

Yes it might make your application more competitive if you get 2,2 or above at least but otherwise no (remember that you will have to declare it on UCAS regardless). It is also unhelpful for Cambridge as they cannot easily compare that with other applicants.

I’d recommend not hopelessly aiming to do that (as STEP is very difficult) and instead trying to do as well as you can on TMUA, the stated admissions test!! Getting 7.5+ on this is excellent but does require a lot of practice. Personally, with a lot of preparation, I only got an 8.0 in TMUA 2023.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending