The Student Room Group

University of Exeter Vs Birmingham

I have received conditional offer letters from both. Because of safety reasons and birmingham being quite high in crime im unable to make a decision. Can someone tell me which one would be better as i plan to pursue Msc Business Analytics there.
Original post by ak21072002
I have received conditional offer letters from both. Because of safety reasons and birmingham being quite high in crime im unable to make a decision. Can someone tell me which one would be better as i plan to pursue Msc Business Analytics there.

Hi ak21072002, great to hear that you have an offer from the University of Exeter and Birmingham. There are lots of things you might want to consider to help you decide which to put as your firm choice, including both the academic experience and structure of the course as well as more general student life. You might want to consider whether you want to be in a bigger city like Birmingham, or a slightly smaller city like Exeter which is closer to the coast and green spaces like Dartmoor and Exmoor.

You might also want to look in more detail about the structure of the course, specifically the modules you'll be studying (linked here for the University of Exeter). The course at Exeter is part of our Business School that was recently recognised as Times Business School of the Year (2022) and is number 1 in the UK for graduate prospects (Complete University Guide 2023). You can find a lot more about the department here, but I'd encourage you to see how the programmes compare across the universities and which one might fit best with what you hope to achieve both during and after the degree. Some other perks of the University of Exeter include our careers service, Careers Zone, that students gain access to not only while they're studying at university, but for life afterwards. Personally, this service has been invaluable to me in helping craft applications, refine my CV and practice interview and presentation techniques in my own academic journey from undergrad, to masters and now PhD.

Finally, you might also like to chat with some current University of Exeter students, including those based at the business school, using our unibuddy service - linked here (make sure to search by area of study!). These current students will be best placed to talk to you about their current experience, both academic, but also socially in terms of what living in Exeter as a student is like and what sports, societies, and other extracurricular opportunities are available.

I hope thats helpful, but please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions.

Kingsley
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Reply 2
Birmingham's actually lower for antisocial behaviour.
Probably because that behaviour is classed as the norm there 😉
The South West has a different feel to Midlands cities. Generally, I'm more a big city fan and feel more at home more north so Birmingham but always visit, both the university and the department.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending