The Student Room Group

Food insecurity and not eating in front of certain people then 🤦🏾*♂️

I’ve always had anxiety around general things and food but I recently noticed after my step mum have been judging my food I’m no longer able to eat comfortably around people. I feel like a fat hog (I’m a healthy weight and I do go to the gym but that doesn’t even matter since the feelings are bigger.). I’ve been getting help with my anxiety and I always get meds for it but I think this is something that meds won’t help. How would I go about talking to my doctor about this even though I probably mentioned I’ve got food problems so many times in the past 5 years.I’m 23…
Original post by Anonymous #1
I’ve always had anxiety around general things and food but I recently noticed after my step mum have been judging my food I’m no longer able to eat comfortably around people. I feel like a fat hog (I’m a healthy weight and I do go to the gym but that doesn’t even matter since the feelings are bigger.). I’ve been getting help with my anxiety and I always get meds for it but I think this is something that meds won’t help. How would I go about talking to my doctor about this even though I probably mentioned I’ve got food problems so many times in the past 5 years.I’m 23…

If your doctor is not taking you serious, maybe he's not for you- Food issues can become really serious really fast and it's important you put your health first. And maybe it's worth letting your step mom know the damaged she's inflicting on you, as it's possible she doesn't mean for it to happen like this. I hope you get better very soon ❤️ Keeping you in my prayers

Quick Reply

Latest