The Student Room Group

Help?

Is a marketing and business degree more useful than a media and marketing degree or Media, Marketing and Public Relations or an advertising, marketing communications and pr degree.

I like the idea of working in digital marketing , advertising ( being able to come up with ideas which tell a story in a advert or campaign), I feel like pr would be interesting, eventually move up creative or art direction .
Original post by Rose_99
Is a marketing and business degree more useful than a media and marketing degree or Media, Marketing and Public Relations or an advertising, marketing communications and pr degree.

I like the idea of working in digital marketing , advertising ( being able to come up with ideas which tell a story in a advert or campaign), I feel like pr would be interesting, eventually move up creative or art direction .

Hey!

I hope this message finds you well. I studied Journalism as an undergraduate and I am now doing my MSc in Digital Marketing so I thought I would try to give you some tips on how to figure out what degree is best for you as I understand it is a big decision.

I wouldn’t necessarily say there is one degree better than the other because it is all down to your specific career goals and interests.

I would advise you to look at courses that interest you and make sure to look through what modules you will study. If there is an option to then I would ask current students or staff questions.

Attend open days, if possible, to get a sense of what the course offers and what the university is like.

I would look at jobs that you are interested in and look at what skills and experience they are looking for this could help to narrow down your choices.

Remember, it is important that you enjoy the course you are looking at studying because you will have to spend a lot of time and effort on attending lectures and completing assignments. Additionally, gaining practical experience through internships, projects, free online courses, or networking can significantly enhance your employability.

If you are worried, please keep in mind that some if not all universities usually allow you to change course in the first term if you do not think it is the right fit for you.

Best wishes,

Paige- UoC Digital Marketing MSc student
Original post by Rose_99

Both degrees have value depending on career goals. A Marketing and Business degree offers a broader foundation in business principles with a focus on marketing strategies. A Media and Marketing degree emphasizes skills in digital media, advertising, and communication channels. Choose based on desired career trajectory and personal interests.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending