The Student Room Group

QMUL or Bayes Business School?

Which University would be better for cracking a finance job:
Recieved Offers for:
Business Management - QMUL
Business with Finance - Bayes Business School
Living costs not applicable as I live in London, wanted to know which would have better career prospects if i finish with a First.
Bayes
Original post by nath22
Which University would be better for cracking a finance job:
Recieved Offers for:
Business Management - QMUL
Business with Finance - Bayes Business School
Living costs not applicable as I live in London, wanted to know which would have better career prospects if i finish with a First.

I’m actually in a similar position to you. I idiotically forgot to apply to lse so my only semi target institution for cracking a banking/finance job is bayes business school atm. Went to the offer holder day too and they seemed like they know what they’re talking about. Furthermore the courses are very industry focused. I personally got an offer to do international banking and financial risk management at bayes with a year in industry which I firmed, and then put Exeter as my insurance with their finance and investment banking course. I decided to not accept my qmul offer because the course I had applied to with them (accounting and finance) didn’t have a placement year. QMUL business school doesn’t rank highly and I personally found the campus to be too overwhelming. I’d definitely choose bayes over qmul.
You do not come out of any Uni with a barcode on your forehead that guarantees you any sort of job.
Your career is up to you, not the Uni name on your degree certificate.
Never forget that.
Original post by McGinger
You do not come out of any Uni with a barcode on your forehead that guarantees you any sort of job.
Your career is up to you, not the Uni name on your degree certificate.
Never forget that.

Yeah but ultimately, if you’re going to study a banking/finance course at a business school the goal is for it to be industry focused. Sure, your statement applies to most other degrees but employability is an integral factor for anything finance related.
Original post by ontologicalpotat
I’m actually in a similar position to you. I idiotically forgot to apply to lse so my only semi target institution for cracking a banking/finance job is bayes business school atm. Went to the offer holder day too and they seemed like they know what they’re talking about. Furthermore the courses are very industry focused. I personally got an offer to do international banking and financial risk management at bayes with a year in industry which I firmed, and then put Exeter as my insurance with their finance and investment banking course. I decided to not accept my qmul offer because the course I had applied to with them (accounting and finance) didn’t have a placement year. QMUL business school doesn’t rank highly and I personally found the campus to be too overwhelming. I’d definitely choose bayes over qmul.
How do you 'forget' to apply to a university??
Original post by Vesti La Giubba
How do you 'forget' to apply to a university??

I was on holiday in Switzerland haphazardly trying to finish my personal statement before the January deadline. Also I misread the grade requirements for accounting and finance and thought that they’re A*AA with A* in maths (I am predicted A*AA with A in maths) but that was for an alternative degree which my friend is currently doing there (financial mathematics). I therefore ruled it out as an option and subsequently forgot to check again to apply. That’s how one forgets.
Reply 7

Sounds good mate, maybe I’ll see you September aha
Original post by nath22
Sounds good mate, maybe I’ll see you September aha

Yes haha. What course did you apply for? I initially applied for accounting and finance at bayes but managed to change it to International banking and financial risk management.
Reply 9
Yes haha. What course did you apply for? I initially applied for accounting and finance at bayes but managed to change it to International banking and financial risk management.

Oohh I see, I’m doing Business with Finance aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending