The Student Room Group

why do i get so depressed when im alone?

today i didnt have any classes so i was in my room basically all day (went out for 10mins or so just to get some food). so didnt have any full fledged irl conversations with anyone and i just feel so demotivated and depressed. is this normal?
Reply 1
feel this aswell. Happens sometimes during isolated revision sessions. Honestly try to fit in time with friends and I cant really give advice other than that. It comes from a feeling of isolation. Maybe go out to gym or sports or go message a friend and set up a date you can meet up as a group or something.
Reply 2
Original post by shvitus
feel this aswell. Happens sometimes during isolated revision sessions. Honestly try to fit in time with friends and I cant really give advice other than that. It comes from a feeling of isolation. Maybe go out to gym or sports or go message a friend and set up a date you can meet up as a group or something.

thank you. im just afraid its gonna **** me up when im older and perhaps more ... lonely? like when i have to move to a new place and meet new people and have no one close to me
Original post by Anonymous #1
today i didnt have any classes so i was in my room basically all day (went out for 10mins or so just to get some food). so didnt have any full fledged irl conversations with anyone and i just feel so demotivated and depressed. is this normal?

So I've experienced this recently. And I am now better. But this was my way of fixing it but you can try too.

I think watching people that give me happiness on YouTube. It could also be on tiktok if you will like but I like YouTube better since the videos will be more longer. Then after I became more happier I became more confident. I also started to talk to more people than before.

Basically you need to find your 'something' that cheers you up makes you happy, makes you laugh. And then you will get like bursts of energy to do things with people. I also find it better that after you spend time with your friends like the whole day and when you come home it is then like you time. You know. Spend some time with yourself. It does help.

It is normal. Because you feel empty. You feel like something is missing. You feel disconnected with everything and everyone. Maybe Because you are so used to speaking to people all the time and when you don't for once you feel lonely. It is fine if you feel like that. And if you do. You can also reach out to your friends. By calling, facetime, messaging. Just remember cheer yourself up when you feel depressed. I'm sure you can think of ways to.

Hope this helps somehow!!!♥️💙🧡💜🤗
Reply 4
This is something I feel, but not in the exact same way. While I have some friends, I don't really have any on my course and I don't get along with most of the people on it. I really hate being there, and that combined with worrying about my social life and non-existent romantic life very often I wonder whether it's all worth it. You're certainly not alone.

Quick Reply

Latest