The Student Room Group

What do you do in Paralegal internship

Hi so I got offered a legal internship role working as a paralegal dealing with family law what are the duties I maybe able to expect please and what may I do.

Thank you

:smile:
Original post by User_name001
Hi so I got offered a legal internship role working as a paralegal dealing with family law what are the duties I maybe able to expect please and what may I do.

Thank you

:smile:

It really depends on the firm and how old you are/how much legal training you have had. It may be that you end up doing mostly admin work (copying, filing, posting documents, etc.) but it's also possible you may do tasks such as calling courts to get updates on matters, doing legal research tasks, doing first drafts of letters/emails to clients or other parties, calling barristers/experts to enquire about instructing them, etc.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by CatusStarbright
It really depends on the firm and how old you are/how much legal training you have had. It may be that you end up doing mostly admin work (copying, filing, posting documents, etc.) but it's also possible you may do tasks such as calling courts to get updates on matters, doing legal research tasks, doing first drafts of letters/emails to clients or other parties, calling barristers/experts to enquire after instructing them, etc.

I’m 21. I’ve done admin work in the past at a separate firm the role I applied for was to gain experience within family law as a Paralegal. At a firm known as Domestic Abuse Alliance
(edited 2 months ago)
I’m 21. I’ve done admin work in the past at a separate firm the role I applied for was to gain experience within family law as a Paralegal. At a firm known as Domestic Abuse Alliance

Ah that's not a firm, it's an organisation that connects different services by the looks of things. Do you mean you'll be working at a firm which is one of their legal partners?
Reply 4
Ah that's not a firm, it's an organisation that connects different services by the looks of things. Do you mean you'll be working at a firm which is one of their legal partners?

I will be working for that organisation but gaining Paralegal work experience involving family law.
I will be working for that organisation but gaining Paralegal work experience involving family law.

Best of luck and power to you; I don't think I would be cut out for assisting those who have suffered/are suffering domestic abuse.
Reply 6
Best of luck and power to you; I don't think I would be cut out for assisting those who have suffered/are suffering domestic abuse.

Thank you so those are the duties I’d expect

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending