The Student Room Group

Graduate

So I recently graduated with a law degree in the summer and I have not started my SQE due to funding. This year, I plan to start working to gain experience in the legal sector & save for funding. However, I have been applying since I graduated to entry-level roles and have not had any luck. I just wanted some advice as to what to do, since most employers require a few years of experience even as an entry-level position, should I continue applying or start the SQE and then possibly gain a TC with a firm?
Reply 1
Hi @xoamnaxo.

Congratulations on your graduation 🙂 Gaining experience in the legal sector sounds like a great idea, as you work towards your SQE. Entry level roles here at the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) don't require specific experience or qualifications - we're looking for an interest in criminal law and commitment to your own career development.

We're launching a campaign to recruit paralegal assistants 26 March 2024, you can find out more here. Many of our paralegal assistants are recent graduates, and find the role offers valuable insight into the criminal justice system. You work alongside prosecutors in court, liaising with police, defence counsel and victims and witnesses to ensure the smooth progression of cases. There are opportunities for progression into roles such as paralegal officer and paralegal business manager. We also have sponsorship opportunities for internal applicants to complete their postgraduate qualifications, including SQE.

Let me know if you have any questions about working at the CPS, and best of luck with your job search 🙂

Jade - CPS recruitment team
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending