The Student Room Group

yearbook anxiety

I am in year 11 and my yearbook submissions are due, but I am so anxious.

I've had to email my head of year because I don't want my year7 or year 11 photo in it because I do just look that bad, and the thought of everyone in my year seeing is I'm not kidding my actual biggest fear. She hasn't replied because it is half term but I feel like they will put my picture in anyway.

People often mention their friends in their yearbooks with funny memories and inside jokes but I have no good friends and the ones I do have are actually terrible. I have no close friends to mention.

The main problem is my pictures though, I really really do not want anyone seeing them. If they refuse how do I convince my school to not add my pictures? I feel so genuinely uncomfortable with it.

Also I don't care if this is memorable or if I'll regret it in the future because I know I won't. This has actually given me so much anxiety to the point of tears.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am in year 11 and my yearbook submissions are due, but I am so anxious.

I've had to email my head of year because I don't want my year7 or year 11 photo in it because I do just look that bad, and the thought of everyone in my year seeing is I'm not kidding my actual biggest fear. She hasn't replied because it is half term but I feel like they will put my picture in anyway.

People often mention their friends in their yearbooks with funny memories and inside jokes but I have no good friends and the ones I do have are actually terrible. I have no close friends to mention.

The main problem is my pictures though, I really really do not want anyone seeing them. If they refuse how do I convince my school to not add my pictures? I feel so genuinely uncomfortable with it.

Also I don't care if this is memorable or if I'll regret it in the future because I know I won't. This has actually given me so much anxiety to the point of tears.

I wont lie, I had a similar experience, I was worried they were gonna use the picture on the system for me which looked really bad and I also had anxiety because I was worried they were gonna use it, but trust me they will listen to you because legally they cant put a picture of you in the yearbook without your consent. But im not gonna try and lie to you but I will say you will regret not having your picture in there. My advice, go to your head of year and ask for your photo to be retaken, which is what I did, and if they still say no then ask for you not to be in there. Trust me everything will turn out fine dont worry about it.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
I wont lie, I had a similar experience, I was worried they were gonna use the picture on the system for me which looked really bad and I also had anxiety because I was worried they were gonna use it, but trust me they will listen to you because legally they cant put a picture of you in the yearbook without your consent. But im not gonna try and lie to you but I will say you will regret not having your picture in there. My advice, go to your head of year and ask for your photo to be retaken, which is what I did, and if they still say no then ask for you not to be in there. Trust me everything will turn out fine dont worry about it.

thank you (:

Quick Reply

Latest