The Student Room Group

Pursuing computer science ( ai or software engineering) after MD

Hi
Thanks for helping me out. I'm currently studying Medicine but as I noticed I love computer science more I made it double major and passes 70 credits out of 130 from computer science ( basically all of the core topics ). I am not able to finish computer science with or instead of medicine due to the personal reasons. But I'm sure I want to continue computer science in grad school, with this background that I have mentioned and with my good scores at computer science courses, will I be able to study computer science at grad school? I'm very affraid of the fact that I might get rejected badly and not be able to pursue what I love !
Ps : I'm even working somewhere as a software engineer, it might help me in my CV when I apply
Reply 1
Are you in the UK?
Reply 2
Original post by rfit
Are you in the UK?

No but I'm planning to study at uk or us
Reply 3
So you havent finished your degree? Is that right? It isnt called grad school in the UK, it would be post-graduate. Have a look at a Uni webpage for Computer Science to see what entry qualifications you would need to do either a BSc or MSc.
Reply 4
Original post by rfit
So you havent finished your degree? Is that right? It isnt called grad school in the UK, it would be post-graduate. Have a look at a Uni webpage for Computer Science to see what entry qualifications you would need to do either a BSc or MSc.

No I'm about to finish in a year. And I already seen the qualifications in different websites! Obviously they wrote prior level computer science degree ... My situation is a bit different and that's why I'm asking
Original post by DanielRobin2
Hi
Thanks for helping me out. I'm currently studying Medicine but as I noticed I love computer science more I made it double major and passes 70 credits out of 130 from computer science ( basically all of the core topics ). I am not able to finish computer science with or instead of medicine due to the personal reasons. But I'm sure I want to continue computer science in grad school, with this background that I have mentioned and with my good scores at computer science courses, will I be able to study computer science at grad school? I'm very affraid of the fact that I might get rejected badly and not be able to pursue what I love !
Ps : I'm even working somewhere as a software engineer, it might help me in my CV when I apply

Hello @DanielRobin2,

It is hard to say what courses you would be eligible for without understanding your exact situation and the course you're looking at. So I would recommend finding some institutions you're interested in studying at and speaking with their admissions teams. This means you can get an answer quickly and be confident that you have the most accurate information possible.

With new options on offer its easier than ever to contact institutions to ask questions like this, for example we offer the option to chat with us via WhatsApp for anybody who is interested in our BSc or MSc Computer Science courses! If you'd like to speak with somebody on our admissions team who might be able to share some more information with you, you can find that here - https://bit.ly/47WCGZR

Good luck! Please do let me know if there are any more questions I can help with 😊

Thanks,

Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending