The Student Room Group

Imperial or Edinburgh

Imperial vs Edinburgh university for computer science?
Reply 1
Imperial. Apparently, the average Imperial student for the subject has higher grades than those of any UK university for the subject. Imperial has the best research ranking of all for it too.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
The guardian ranked Edinburgh over imperial and they don’t take research into account that’s why I was a bit hesitate
Reply 3
Original post by username45313
Imperial vs Edinburgh university for computer science?

Imperial without doubt. I'm in a similar situation with offers from Edinburgh, Manchester and Imperial. I want to go to Imperial because it's AWESOME but at the same time, Edinburgh is really good too so wasn't too sure. I got rejected from Cambridge and if I get my Durham offer, it will most likely be my insurance choice (either that or Edinburgh).

However, if you get the Imperial offer, you gotta consider the work you must have put in to get past the stringent filters. I would say stick with Imperial.

Also, for CS, in the UK subject rankings, Edinburgh is 8th and Imperial is 3rd so there is a clear gap between the two and also in the world rankings by subject (from last year since this year's are yet to be released). Edinburgh had a rank of 20th in the world for CS whereas Imperial was 15th.

Grad prospects are far greater at Imperial so I would recommend Imperial.

Edinburgh is an amazing city, don't get me wrong, but I think I prefer London (though the prices are extortionate!).

Edit: That being said, you can't go wrong with either place. Pick where you think you would like to study.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending