The Student Room Group

Tech career

Can having a degree like computer engineering or mechatronic engineering for example allow you to be able to get the same job/career path as someone with a computer science degree?
Reply 1
I think it leaves you very open to a similar pathway, because of the overlaps between the two. For example with both you'll often deal with programming languages (maybe different ones though), meaning software development is an option.

Also because of that similarity it means it should generally be easy to learn related skills to branch into the other pathways, if that makes sense. Hope that helps!
TL;DR: Yes!
Reply 2
Original post by {Moss}
I think it leaves you very open to a similar pathway, because of the overlaps between the two. For example with both you'll often deal with programming languages (maybe different ones though), meaning software development is an option.

Also because of that similarity it means it should generally be easy to learn related skills to branch into the other pathways, if that makes sense. Hope that helps!
TL;DR: Yes!

Okay thank you!
Having any sort of Computing degree is highly likely to open those doors of opportunity for you in the future. I'd suggest just going for what you're most interested in!

-- Elliot
Reply 4
Original post by University of Suffolk student
Having any sort of Computing degree is highly likely to open those doors of opportunity for you in the future. I'd suggest just going for what you're most interested in!

-- Elliot
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending