The Student Room Group

UBS Tech degree apprenticeship vs Uni Of Warwick CS

Which is better?
Reply 1
With UBS, you will be attending Exeter Uni. I would pick the apprenticeship as you will still attend a russel group uni
Original post by M.Bxh14
With UBS, you will be attending Exeter Uni. I would pick the apprenticeship as you will still attend a russel group uni

Warwick is a better russel group tho
Original post by kavgtx
Which is better?

Depends on what u want to do if u want to work in high tech firms like microsoft google then warwick if u wanna do tech solutions for banks ubs
Reply 4
Original post by Gursirjansethi

Depends on what u want to do if u want to work in high tech firms like microsoft google then warwick if u wanna do tech solutions for banks ubs

Which one do you think you would make the most money in (over 20 years)?
Original post by kavgtx

Which one do you think you would make the most money in (over 20 years)?

Cs at warwick depending on ur ability if ur able to pass the tests for google microsoft and big firms u will make a lot but theres stability w ubs
Reply 6
Original post by Gursirjansethi

Cs at warwick depending on ur ability if ur able to pass the tests for google microsoft and big firms u will make a lot but theres stability w ubs

I am guessing it’s much much harder to reach that potential (going through uni with 1st + getting an internship for every summer + 2 year good junior grad job) and then attempting FAANG. And then fear of getting laid off. High risk high reward I guess. Thanks btw for the response.
Original post by kavgtx

I am guessing it’s much much harder to reach that potential (going through uni with 1st + getting an internship for every summer + 2 year good junior grad job) and then attempting FAANG. And then fear of getting laid off. High risk high reward I guess. Thanks btw for the response.

Yh but thats life like u gotta take risk to get high rewards but if ur the type of person who like a stable income then ubs is the one jus depends what kind of person you are
Original post by kavgtx
Which is better?
Its a case of floors & ceilings.

The floor being the likely bottom of your career ladder and the ceiling having a higher top potential.

Id say the apprenticeship has a much higher floor but a lower ceiling. It will likely lead you to a very decent corporate career, reasonable work-life balance with excellent employer name on CV, but it is unlikely to give you regular client exposure or opportunities to be a “material risk taker” that the bankers who make ludicrous money make or top executive's have.

The Warwick degree will open up more opportunities in front office finance or tech or other industries but these are very competitive, and you will not be guaranteed to make it back into one of the top banks in the world again. That said a Warwick STEM grad who goes and gets great internships id imagine you would still have a pretty great “floor”.

Important questions id have are:

do I want to work in finance

Why do i want this

Do i prefer other industries?

What roles and responsibilities do i want in 10-15 years time.

Just depends what you want and what risks you are willing to take.
Reply 9
Original post by mnot
Its a case of floors & ceilings.
The floor being the likely bottom of your career ladder and the ceiling having a higher top potential.
Id say the apprenticeship has a much higher floor but a lower ceiling. It will likely lead you to a very decent corporate career, reasonable work-life balance with excellent employer name on CV, but it is unlikely to give you regular client exposure or opportunities to be a “material risk taker” that the bankers who make ludicrous money make or top executive's have.
The Warwick degree will open up more opportunities in front office finance or tech or other industries but these are very competitive, and you will not be guaranteed to make it back into one of the top banks in the world again. That said a Warwick STEM grad who goes and gets great internships id imagine you would still have a pretty great “floor”.
Important questions id have are:

do I want to work in finance

Why do i want this

Do i prefer other industries?

What roles and responsibilities do i want in 10-15 years time.

Just depends what you want and what risks you are willing to take.
Thanks a lot for the detailed response!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending