The Student Room Group

Skincare

I have been using the cerave sa smoothing cleanser since September but i dont think its the correct cleanser for me to use because my skin is quite oily and i have pores. I wanna change it to the cerave foaming cleanser but i dont want my skin to get damaged and get spots - what should i do?
Original post by coolblackguy
I have been using the cerave sa smoothing cleanser since September but i dont think its the correct cleanser for me to use because my skin is quite oily and i have pores. I wanna change it to the cerave foaming cleanser but i dont want my skin to get damaged and get spots - what should i do?

Hey I used the sa smoothing cleanser a year + back but didn't find it suitable too. I too have oily skin and pores and switched to the hydrating facial cleanser. I find that at present my skin is less oily and I get less acne? Highly recommend it (think its more gentle for sensitive skin).
Reply 2

Hi, the cerave foaming cleanser is really good it’s gentle and washes off dirt and makeup off (if you wear makeup) and I have had compliments from my younger sister saying my skin looks really good so it give it a go and let me know how you find it
Reply 3
if you have oily skin salicylic acid (the sa in your current cleaner) is probably the best ingredient for your skin, and that specific cleanser is probably the best one for your skin that they offer. it’s best for acne and cleaning out oily skin. i know it’s expensive but the paula’s choice bha exfoliant is a great option if u want to reduce your pore appearance. bha’s work inside the pore to clean out all of the oils. i recommend trying the travel size first, it’s at a much cheaper price and it’s kind of a test bottle so if you don’t like it you’re not stuck with a giant bottle of something you can’t use. i hope this helped :smile: skin bliss is a good app as well for finding products that can help ur skin concerns, and that’s free.
Reply 4

and I won’t recommend using the cerave smoothing cleanser it’s basically a exfoliant and you shouldn’t be using an exfoliant everyday so definitely try out the cerave foaming cleanser

Do you currently have acne?
Reply 6
Original post by 5hyl33n

Do you currently have acne?

No
No

https://www.cerave.com/skincare/cleansers/foaming-facial-cleanser

For the pores, you may want to incorporate retinol into your skincare routine.

Quick Reply

Latest