The Student Room Group

Suggest a skincare routine for me- Bad skin/spots all of a sudden?

Hi,
So i am going on holiday in under 2 weeks, and my skin has gotten really bad recently , just in terms of lots of spots and skin is quite dry😭 😭 😭.

Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions on any products/(priced reasonably) expensive product dupes that they can share or a full on skincare routine as i do not have one?

PLease share below, thank you !
Reply 1
I don’t know about expensive/dupe brands since I pretty much exclusively use Simple since they’re fairly cheap and I know very little about skincare lol. But I can share the routine that works for me:
face wash -> toner -> moisturiser (+Suncream in the mornings) I also use a Boots gel for reducing puffiness under my eyes cause I get really bad eye bags 😅

Another thing I’d recommend to try for bad spots are Korean hydrocolloid spot patches, I use Corsx and they’re about £5.50 where I get them from for a pack of 26 or something. (I think you can get non Korean ones too but Korean skincare is supposed to be very good). They help get any nasty stuff out of spots and reduce the raised/redness of them.

Hope this helps :smile:
hi!!
i still get acne sometimes but what helped me the most was the boots cucumber skin care range. as the person above mentioned about using face wash then toner and moisturiser. it’s all reasonably priced and smells really good. also tea tree oil is good, i buy mine at poundland and you can dab some on too spots which helps to reduce redness and make them go away faster. don’t use too much though as it can be drying on the skin.
hope this is useful
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by krystaloceanx
Hi,
So i am going on holiday in under 2 weeks, and my skin has gotten really bad recently , just in terms of lots of spots and skin is quite dry😭 😭 😭.

Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions on any products/(priced reasonably) expensive product dupes that they can share or a full on skincare routine as i do not have one?

PLease share below, thank you !

Hii
if products don't work perhaps get checked for eczema ( i had out of control spots,nothing worked for more than a week so i saw the GP-had eczema and somehow a single moisturiser removed so much of the spots and slowed the growth of them
Original post by BubblesOfBlue
Hii
if products don't work perhaps get checked for eczema ( i had out of control spots,nothing worked for more than a week so i saw the GP-had eczema and somehow a single moisturiser removed so much of the spots and slowed the growth of them

my skin was also v dry no matter how much regular moisturiser i used and would sometimes sting

Quick Reply

Latest