The Student Room Group

Limerence

Hello everyone, I’m hoping I can find here some advices for this diagnosis or if any of you have experienced this before, how did you battle this issue? I can’t get over my crush. I met him in 2020 and even tho I’ve been dating different guys over those 4 years I’d still deep down have feelings for him. First of all to mention, I’m not obsessively thinking about him, imagining him in my love scenarios or anything. I just know he exists and I still like him and if I had a chance I’d still choose him. Sometimes I don’t think of him at all, I know the fact if he finds a gf I’d be ruined, my heart would be shattered into million pieces. What is wrong with me? what is going on
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello everyone, I’m hoping I can find here some advices for this diagnosis or if any of you have experienced this before, how did you battle this issue? I can’t get over my crush. I met him in 2020 and even tho I’ve been dating different guys over those 4 years I’d still deep down have feelings for him. First of all to mention, I’m not obsessively thinking about him, imagining him in my love scenarios or anything. I just know he exists and I still like him and if I had a chance I’d still choose him. Sometimes I don’t think of him at all, I know the fact if he finds a gf I’d be ruined, my heart would be shattered into million pieces. What is wrong with me? what is going on
Honestly, I would say rell him you have a crush on him - here's my reasoning:

It gets your mind off wanting to ask him out + even if he says no, you'll get over him faster.

You'll have a chance to date him (what you probably want)!

It leaves you less stressed about him finding a girlfriend, as you're going to ask him out first.

Goodluck, and I want you to know there's nothing wrong with you! This is a normal human emotion everyone feels some point in their lives. Be brave and I hope things end well!
Reply 2
I started dating someone 4 days after meeting them; we are now in an LTR.

This guy was a crush, and apparently solely on your side. If there was any real interest, as was my experience, there'd have been something done about it. However, that doesn't mean things would have worked out between you; you could have found you weren't compatible. Don't compare others to him and throw away a real chance of happiness over a 'what if?'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending