The Student Room Group

Umrah and Madinah

I am a Black Christian and my husband is an Afghan Muslim. We got married in our early 20s and his family was supportive enough to allow me to keep my faith and not convert. We have 2 kids, 4 and 6, and he’s told me that he wants him and the kids to go to Saudi Arabia to perform Umrah and visit Madinah, I want to go as well so I can be with the kids but obviously I am a non-Muslim so I cannot enter Madinah or the region of Makkah. I know this will be such a spiritually moving trip for him and the kids, but me and the kids have never been away from each other for so long, since they were born and I’m feeling quite iffy about them travelling so far without me even though they’ll be with their father. What can I do?
Tbh i think they should stay with you.. it is not compulsory for them to go anyways since they are still young
Original post by Anonymous #2
Tbh i think they should stay with you.. it is not compulsory for them to go anyways since they are still young

I don’t agree with this comment. Umrah is a holy pilgrimage so if the father wants to take them he should be able to.
Original post by Anonymous #3
I don’t agree with this comment. Umrah is a holy pilgrimage so if the father wants to take them he should be able to.
Yes i completely agree with your statement but i was just thinking about their age i think it is a big factor.. if they were older maybe
Original post by Anonymous #2
Yes i completely agree with your statement but i was just thinking about their age i think it is a big factor.. if they were older maybe

I see your point but thinking of it in the perspective of visiting a holy pilgrimage. Tomorrow is not promised so that’s why I think they should go

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending