The Student Room Group

TSR I-SOC (Islamic Society) Mk. XVII

Welcome to the TSR Islamic Society

Join here>>

This is a society thread for followers of Islam to support each other and discuss issues which are relevant to them, with the understanding that those posting here believe in the core tenants of the faith.

TSR societies are designed to be places where peers can connect and where conversation is respectful and supportive. So please do get involved!

If you are not of the Islamic faith, but would like to learn about it, please visit the thread: Learning about Islam.

If you would like to discuss or debate the religion of Islam (or any faith), please visit the Religion forum in the Debate and Current Affairs section.

Moderation notice
From Head of Community @BlinkyBill
Debate of any kind is not permitted in this thread, or anywhere in the Faith and Spirituality forum.
Posts to that effect in this thread will be removed and warned. This rule pertains to ALL users of this thread.

At The Student Room, we’re proud of the sense of community in our society threads. This flourishes where members of that community participate with a genuine desire to connect with like-minded people, rather than engage in any negativity. It will be taken very seriously if any user is found to be working against that goal. Members of the TSR Islamic society play a key role in ensuring this society thread is a supportive and welcoming place for followers of Islam.

When posting in this thread, please ensure you are upholding the TSR Community Guidelines, and treating others with respect at all times.

Please note, certain Arabic words are permitted in this thread. Please see translations below.

For Muslim students looking into the issue of student finance and its permissibility.

Spoiler

For Non-Muslims a brief list of translation of Arabic words used.

Spoiler

Books On The Seerah (Life of the Prophet Muhammad)

Spoiler

Books on the Sahaba (Companions Of The Prophet Muhammad)

Spoiler

Public Service Announcements for Muslims of TSR:

- Stop making "I am Muslim, ask me anything" threads. They may be well intentioned but this attracts the extremely unwanted and negative attention of those who hate Muslims and/or love to hate on Islam. There are dedicated threads for asking questions on the Faith & Spirituality forum where there are rules so everything is controlled and constructive.

- If you only want Muslims to answer pressing faith questions that you have, ask here in the Islamic Society. The modus operandi on TSR means that anyone (including Islamophobes) are permitted to answer your questions on other threads, which is often why threads seeking advice are drowned out by the advice of ill-intentioned people who do not wish to make your life better but only care about attacking your religious beliefs. The Islamic Society is a safer space for Muslims to speak to one another.

- The Islamic Society has always been here with the intended goal of producing a conducive atmosphere to allow people to get closer to orthodox Islamic belief. As such, this society is not designed to promote ideas which are contrary to traditional Islamic belief; if one wishes to advocate a reformation of Islam that is opposed to the religion that was taught by the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) as understood by the earliest generations of Muslims and the compounded concensus of 1400 years of Islamic scholarship, then you should create a new society as your beliefs are contrary to our mission.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2

Reply 3
Reply 4

Core points of benefit from this lecture:

Reflecting on what it means to be a "believer".

Understanding that the laws of God have been given to us as a mercy.

Seeing how God presents laws in the Qur'an in different ways to influence our behaviour, appealing to our different ways of understanding things.

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Assalamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh
Reply 7
62FAD80C-A7EA-4E05-A02C-FE6A45BAB7D7.jpeg
Reply 8
E6F7203B-EB00-43C4-925A-E72A00275FD9.jpeg
Reply 9
839834C8-E758-4CF3-B56B-4530EA184A02.jpeg
Alhamdulillah, new thread is up. Keep me in your duas and prayers. Jazakumullahu khayran
Original post by h333
Assalamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Wa 'aleykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu

It has been a very long time - I hope you and your family have been keeping well
Assalaamu aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu

May Allah bless you with good, help you through hardship and fill your life with happiness
Original post by Zamestaneh
Assalaamu aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu

May Allah bless you with good, help you through hardship and fill your life with happiness

Wa aleykumus salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Ameen
Reply 14
Original post by Zamestaneh
Wa 'aleykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu

It has been a very long time - I hope you and your family have been keeping well

It has SubhanAllah
Alhamdulillah- JazakAllahu Khayran for asking, please do keep them in your duas. I hope you have been doing well Insha’Allah.

May Allah bless you for opening this new thread Ameen 👍🏻
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by h333
It has SubhanAllah
Alhamdulillah- JazakAllahu Khayran for asking, please do keep them in your duas. I hope you have been doing well Insha’Allah.

May Allah bless you for opening this new thread Ameen 👍🏻

Wa Iyyaki, will do.
Had better days but inalhamdulillah; please keep me in your Duas also :u:

And you, Ameen
@username945663 where are you fella
Original post by TheProphetsPath
You tagged everyone from 2015 bro. Them days are long gone now 😪

Lool true but tbh they are the only people I could remember, and the ISOC has been dead these last 2 or 3 years anyways. Everyone has moved on, including myself (or at least I am trying to); I only came back for the sake of continuity, see if people are still alive and then I will be ducking back out in the next few days InshaAllah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending