The Student Room Group

What is the ‘assessment’ for receiving Extra Time?

I have been asked to come for being Assessed for Extra Time as part of my Access Arrangements in my upcoming A-Level exams, so do you have any idea about what kind of a test do the school’s SENDCO department give you for assessing whether you need Extra Time, and do you have any tips regarding this?
Any help will be appreciated!
Original post by AC2003
I have been asked to come for being Assessed for Extra Time as part of my Access Arrangements in my upcoming A-Level exams, so do you have any idea about what kind of a test do the school’s SENDCO department give you for assessing whether you need Extra Time, and do you have any tips regarding this?
Any help will be appreciated!
Hi, I did this assesment in the March before my GCSEs, It tends to be a 2 hour long test with lots of little sections, basically assessing if you have any issues with certain areas of learning, reading or calculation.
The SEND department should be really accomodating, but just be aware that they might be taking notes about your behaviour during the test, in order to get a full overview of your focusing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending