The Student Room Group

what happens if you fail your first law formative assessment

i am super confused on how to write an essay for law and i don't have high hopes for my result... is it normal to do badly on your formative and does it reflect your future success?
Reply 1
Formative assessments are an opportunity to get feedback on your work to help you improve in time for your summative and don't count towards your final module grade so as long as you know you did try at least, try and learn from your 'failure' and take on the feedback as much as possible to try and improve in time for the final summative assessment. It'll reflect your future success in the way you interact with feedback you've received otherwise no you can turn your grade around, if you need extra help I'd also suggest booking extra office hours with your lecturer or tutor if there are some things you want extra clarification on / help or more feedback. Good luck.
Original post by Anonymous
i am super confused on how to write an essay for law and i don't have high hopes for my result... is it normal to do badly on your formative and does it reflect your future success?

Hiya,

Formative assessments are essentially there for you to make the mistakes you don't want to make in your summative and for feedback on how to avoid making those mistakes, and in my opinion making as many mistakes in your formative is good because it leaves room for improvement and development in you summative, hence, higher marks.

Don't stress too much over your formative too much, it's still your first year formative so making a lot of mistakes is a given, the important thing is learning from those mistakes and applying the feedback you receive from your formative into future academic work/summatives.

Best of Luck and I hope this helps!

-Ghala
(Official DU Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending