The Student Room Group

Days when you are ok during depression?

I have previously diagnosed depression but am not on medication ay the moment. Things have been pretty bad for the past few weeks but I find that some days are OK and I manage to enjoy things a bit and to do a bit more as opposed to just staying in bed all day. Only usually lasts a day or two and then I'm back to feeling rubbish and struggling.

Is it normal for this to happen during an episode of depression? Does anyone else get this? Or am I just lazy rather than depressed?
This is abslutely normal when experiencing depression. It's not always debilitating sadness and misery all of the time, you will have days which are better than others and are easier to handle. Just because you can find it easier to get out of bed or be productive or function better on some days, it doesn't invalidate the struggles that you experience on others. Speaking from personal experience, it's very easy to question whether you're 'depressed enough' or to feel guilty for still feeling a sliver of joy or happiness, but judging yourself will only make things more difficult.

Quick Reply

Latest