The Student Room Group

Help with MSc Occupational Therapy application

I'm applying to study MSc Occupational Therapy in January 2025.

I need to choose between York St John University, Leeds Beckett University and University of Lincoln.

Can anyone help?
Original post by Starlights23!
I'm applying to study MSc Occupational Therapy in January 2025.

I need to choose between York St John University, Leeds Beckett University and University of Lincoln.

Can anyone help?

Go to open or offer-holder days and have a good look around the campus and facilities, and chat to staff and students. Look at where the placements are - can they be reached easily, will you need additional accommodation. When are placements - will you get standard uni holidays or are some placements in the holidays (this can vary a lot between unis). Where can you see yourself living - Leeds is a much bigger city than York or Lincoln. Compare accommodation and transport costs for all three locations.
Hi,

I’m currently studying my masters in Criminology at York St John, and I’ve really enjoyed my masters so far. I’m happy to answer any questions about studying here, as I also did my undergraduate degree in Professional policing, at YSJ as well.

I would recommend you book onto a open day at both university’s and have a look around and see, which is best suited to you.

Our next Postgraduate open day is this Saturday, 16th March from 11am - 2pm.

Here’s a link to the website if you wanted to book on to it to have a look around and speak to the lecturers on the course https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/postgraduate-events/saturday-16-march-2024-postgraduate-open-day/

If you can’t make the open day, as it is really soon, you can always book onto a campus tour, which run most days on campus and are delivered by student ambassadors.
Here’s a link to the campus tour booking section of the website https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/meet-us/campus-tours/

Hope this helps!
Suzan - Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending