The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy MSc (Liverpool or Lincoln uni??)

Hi,

I’m currently a 2nd year student studying biology, when I graduate uni next year I plan to study occupational therapy as a masters student.

I am spending time researching different unis I could go to and really liked the look of both Liverpool and Lincoln as they’re both close to the coast which I would love.

I haven’t been to open days yet which is something I need to do but in terms of the courses I like how Liverpool has a stronger focus on anatomy, physiology and biological sciences as this is something I’ve really enjoyed in my undergraduate degree. So I’ve just been wondering whether anyone could give me any insight into unis that run the MSc occupational therapy degree and how you’ve found it?!

Thank you so much! :-)
I think in both universities you need to do a lot of independent study anyway. In the UK the focus on anatomy and physiology is very superficial in OT so don't expect too much from any uni.

Have you applied to any of the masters degree?
Hi there!

I don't know so much about the course you are talking about, hopefully some others on the forum do! However, as a city Liverpool is an amazing place, as you say being by the coast is lovely. You can get out to lots of beaches via train in about 15 minutes, and there are great walks along the waterfront in Liverpool too. Otherwise, the culture and nightlife in Liverpool is amazing, many theatres, museums and music venues for all tastes! If you would like to know any more about the city, or University then please ask away :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Original post by juniper_542
Hi,

I’m currently a 2nd year student studying biology, when I graduate uni next year I plan to study occupational therapy as a masters student.

I am spending time researching different unis I could go to and really liked the look of both Liverpool and Lincoln as they’re both close to the coast which I would love.

I haven’t been to open days yet which is something I need to do but in terms of the courses I like how Liverpool has a stronger focus on anatomy, physiology and biological sciences as this is something I’ve really enjoyed in my undergraduate degree. So I’ve just been wondering whether anyone could give me any insight into unis that run the MSc occupational therapy degree and how you’ve found it?!

Thank you so much! :-)

Hi @juniper_542,

That's great to hear that you are considering studying at the University of Lincoln!

Lincoln is a great city, with plenty of restaurants, shops and entertainment venues to visit, and there are no shortages of beaches in the county to visit!

The MSc Occupational Therapy course at Lincoln is accredited by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT). Successful completion of this programme will provide graduates with the eligibility to apply to the HCPC Register as an occupational therapist and membership of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists. If you would like more information on the course, you can always contact our Postgraduate team on [email protected] or 01522 886644.

You can also speak to our current students on our Unibuddy platform. It's always nice to hear other students' experiences!

I hope this is helpful for you!

Thanks,
Olivia:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending