The Student Room Group

Biochemistry Supercurriculars?

Hi! I'm in Year 12 and I'm applying for biochemistry next year and I was hoping someone could offer some advice on what kind of supercurriculars would help me stand out. I live in a more restricted country so there are fewer internships/work experience so I was hoping there were other things?

I have done a few MOOCs and read some books but is there anything more specific?

Thank you so much in advance!
Original post by bold_banana
Hi! I'm in Year 12 and I'm applying for biochemistry next year and I was hoping someone could offer some advice on what kind of supercurriculars would help me stand out. I live in a more restricted country so there are fewer internships/work experience so I was hoping there were other things?
I have done a few MOOCs and read some books but is there anything more specific?
Why not set yourself your own research project, an essay, about a topic you learnt from biology/chemistry, but in more detail.
Original post by bold_banana
i graduated with a biochemistry degree and let me say not to worry about this. the absolute best use of your time is to read around your subject, find interesting articles in scientific magazines and try to see if you can find the primary research papers before it and see what you can take from it. read read read

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending