The Student Room Group

BA with no hons

I know there is a top up degree but I want to work, I wonder what kind of jobs allow ba with no hons, it is two modules short and the rest is 40-56% which is roughly a 2;2 and if I go to third year, I will try my best to get 59% or 60% to push for a 2:1 for a top up course. I have contacted many unis for a top up and I am eligible for a top up but the thing is, I have experience and connections but it is a BA law with no hons.
An ordinary degree I think is often seen as a failed/incomplete degree nowadays so would probably be similar to if you had a DipHE or similar. You most likely wouldn't meet the requirements for directly graduate roles for example, and would probably need to start in lower/entry level roles and work your way up internally.

Why are you being awarded an ordinary degree rather than an honours degree? I would aim to remedy that situation if possible rather than graduating with the ordinary degree.
Original post by artful_lounger
An ordinary degree I think is often seen as a failed/incomplete degree nowadays so would probably be similar to if you had a DipHE or similar. You most likely wouldn't meet the requirements for directly graduate roles for example, and would probably need to start in lower/entry level roles and work your way up internally.
Why are you being awarded an ordinary degree rather than an honours degree? I would aim to remedy that situation if possible rather than graduating with the ordinary degree.
it is because I have failed two modules and I was not given a resit for the exam, so I am giving an ordinary degree. I could do a top up in the future whilst working full time but according to the uni im getting a ba with no hons in law. I have found a job but it is not paid well but I could apply for it after third year.
Original post by redstarfish23
it is because I have failed two modules and I was not given a resit for the exam, so I am giving an ordinary degree. I could do a top up in the future whilst working full time but according to the uni im getting a ba with no hons in law. I have found a job but it is not paid well but I could apply for it after third year.

Why were you not permitted a reassessment? This is usually typical ( a capped reassessment) if you did not pass the module. Have you discussed with your personal tutor?
Reply 4
I don't want to sound harsh but an ordinary degree is barely worth the paper upon which it is written. I would push with all my might to achieve the top-up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending