The Student Room Group

Notifications take you to the wrong post

Problem Summary

Problem Details
I've had this issue repeatedly on React, showthread 2 and (especially lately) the app for all notification types. Mentions, quotes, watched thread notifications, the little "1 new posts" button (that I usually ignore because it's wrong) and rep notifications are all taking me to different points. This has been occurring for well in excess of 6 months and has been reportedly repeatedly in the past.

My suggestion, since it's clearly very difficult or low priority to resolve, is have some notifications go to the start or the end of the thread by default until this issue is finally resolved.

Original post by RainbowLapras
@Euapp @04MR17, as we haven’t heard from you to say you're still experiencing the issue, I'm going to mark this as resolved and close the thread.

If you are still experiencing this problem or have any further issues, please let us know by raising a new request! :smile:
Ironically the problem occured on the app for this very notification.

Device
Mobile

Browser
TSR App

Link
All

Additional Information
No
Original post by 04MR17
Problem Summary
Problem Details
I've had this issue repeatedly on React, showthread 2 and (especially lately) the app for all notification types. Mentions, quotes, watched thread notifications, the little "1 new posts" button (that I usually ignore because it's wrong) and rep notifications are all taking me to different points. This has been occurring for well in excess of 6 months and has been reportedly repeatedly in the past.
My suggestion, since it's clearly very difficult or low priority to resolve, is have some notifications go to the start or the end of the thread by default until this issue is finally resolved.
Ironically the problem occured on the app for this very notification.

Device
Mobile
Browser
TSR App
Link
All
Additional Information
No

Just checking as I think this was copied and pasted - are you still having this issue on React and ST2 as well, or just on the app?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by RainbowLapras
Just checking as I think this was copied and pasted - are you still having this issue on React and ST2 as well, or just on the app?

I am having it on the app, I haven't been paying enough attention to say for the react or ST2 pages

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending