The Student Room Group

Transferring Unis

Hi everyone, I’m currently in first year of uni, and I love my course, however I’m really not liking the uni I am at and the city I’m studying in. I’m really considering transferring unis because of this, as it’s really beginning to affect me and I’m worried I will stop enjoying my course. Has anyone else had a similar experience & successfully transferred uni ? Im not sure if I have left it too late in the year to start applying
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone, I’m currently in first year of uni, and I love my course, however I’m really not liking the uni I am at and the city I’m studying in. I’m really considering transferring unis because of this, as it’s really beginning to affect me and I’m worried I will stop enjoying my course. Has anyone else had a similar experience & successfully transferred uni ? Im not sure if I have left it too late in the year to start applying

If you are applying for a competitive course, then it might be late but check by searching on UCAS and use the filter 'Show courses with vacancies'. Then read the first post of this Transfer FAQ thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424
If you drop out now then you will need to start from year 1 at the new uni. If you complete year 1 at your present uni (and do well e.g. average 60%) then it may be easier for you to transfer to year 2 of your new uni.
Reply 3
It is probably a bit too late in the year to apply, but you could apply in the next UCAS cycle, though that would mean you're starting at a point where you would have been in third year, if you stayed in your current university, if that matters to you. you could drop out though, perhaps apply through clearing if you want. I wouldn't stay though if you are unhappy.
Original post by Anonymous

I'm in a similar situation now. But only I realised it not that long ago while getting ready for my end-of-year exams. I even took a gap year to prepare for those exams, but at the end of it just realised that I don't want to pursue my subject at my university anymore. It's now mid-April and I'm getting my UCAS applications ready to transfer to a different uni for year 2 entry.
Although it's mid-April, professors at my uni and admissions of unis I'm thinking of transferring all said that it's not too late. An evaluation will take 2-3 weeks as it's a case-by-case consideration. But better call admissions and ask them if they would consider your application now

My course is also not that competitive, especially at unis I'm thinking of transferring. What is your course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending