The Student Room Group

Want to transfer to second year law course at Russel Group uni.

Hello!
So I want to apply to a second year law course after completing the first year of my LLB programme at a university which was the best option for me at the time of applying, as I did not achieve the best predicted grades.

However, my A levels went really well, and I managed to achieve A,A,A.
Therefore, it only makes sense that I should either start a first year at another uni like Exeter (which I have already heard allow for transfers into second year) or another Russel Group, but i'm not sure which others allow for it, as well as which allow for my grades (although for most unis I come under their contextual offer).

I also tried to look for LLB courses in clearing but there were barely any decent unis offering places :frown:

Any help regarding how to transfer, and which unis I could possibly transfer too would be greatly appreciated :smile:
I don’t know of any RG (or non RG) qualifying law degrees that accept applications for transfer into year 2.

LLB courses aren’t normally transferable as the qualifying law degree content is covered in different years at different universities.

You’d be better off taking a gap year or accepting the offer you have and working hard to get a first and to gain as much extra curricular experience
Original post by AZG_USER2
Any help regarding how to transfer, and which unis I could possibly transfer too would be greatly appreciated :smile:

The Transfer FAQ has general guidance about the process.

As above, transferring into a decent Law prog is unlikely, but you could call around to check. I agree with PQ, entering into a degree course with the intent of transferring out is not recommended.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending