The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Transfer to Queen Mary London second year 2018?

I really want to transfer to Queen Mary but I don’t think I will get in as I don’t meet the entry requirements for my course which is AAA. But I achieved ABB and I’m predicted a 2:1 for my first year. Can I still get in as I hate my current uni which is SOAS University of London
There are people who do transfer from other universities to Queen Mary.
Are you currently in your first year?
If so, then you are able to transfer but it's a long procedure.
If you are in your second year, your transfer is likely to get rejected.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
I am in first year but I don’t think they will transfer me. I am planning to study business management or accounting and management in Queen Mary. But I want to really study here as it is a Russell Group uni and city university London said they would give me a place but I would prefer Queen Mary
Original post by amir976
I am in first year but I don’t think they will transfer me. I am planning to study business management or accounting and management in Queen Mary. But I want to really study here as it is a Russell Group uni and city university London said they would give me a place but I would prefer Queen Mary

It is possible to transfer - I'm unsure of the process but it's definitely possible.
Have u transferred?
What month should I tell them about transferring?

Original post by Bloom77
It is possible to transfer - I'm unsure of the process but it's definitely possible.
I emailed Queen Mary they said they won’t let me into second year but want me to apply again as a first year. I don’t want to this someone help
Original post by amir976
I emailed Queen Mary they said they won’t let me into second year but want me to apply again as a first year. I don’t want to this someone help

I'm not entirely sure what help anyone here can give you. If Queen Mary themselves have said you couldn't transfer to 2nd year and they would want you to apply for 1st year then that is your only option I'm afraid. If you do not like your university then I would suggest you either apply for 1st year or look into other universities you may be able to transfer to.
On the website for my course at Queen Mary it says it is possible for advanced entry to second year but when I emailed Queen Mary they said they do not take second year transfer.
City Universiry London said they will take me for second year so it’s not the end of the world. But I prefer Queen Mary as it a Russel group university
Original post by amir976
Have u transferred?
What month should I tell them about transferring?

No, but I do know people who have.
Rather than contacting administration, contact the actual department you would like to transfer to.
My friend transferred from computer science at Westminister to QM.
It does depend on the course too.
For instance, with biomedical sciences, they don't take any transfers because it's always overbooked.
I want to studying accounting and management at QM but I contacted them and they said they do not take any transfer at the school of business. But I’m sure people drop out, switch courses or switch unis so why can’t QM take one hardworking candidate?

Original post by Bloom77
Rather than contacting administration, contact the actual department you would like to transfer to.
For instance, with biomedical sciences, they don't take any transfers because it's always overbooked.
Did ur friend apply through UCAS or did QM do it themselves?
And What month did he had to start his transfer application?

Original post by amir976
I want to studying accounting and management at QM but I contacted them and they said they do not take any transfer at the school of business. But I’m sure people drop out, switch courses or switch unis so why can’t QM take one hardworking candidate?
Original post by amir976
Did ur friend apply through UCAS or did QM do it themselves?
And What month did he had to start his transfer application?

I'm not too sure of this.
I believe it's because the school of business and management gets easily overpacked as it's one of the popular degrees QM students choose to do, so it may possibly that reason.
Do keep trying if you want to, one phone call isn't the end of everything.
Thanks I will try that. But City University London said they will offer me a place but I would prefer QM as it is a Russell Group

Original post by Bloom77
I'm not too sure of this.
I believe it's because the school of business and management gets easily overpacked as it's one of the popular degrees QM students choose to do, so it may possibly that reason.
Do keep trying if you want to, one phone call isn't the end of everything.
Original post by amir976
I really want to transfer to Queen Mary but I don’t think I will get in as I don’t meet the entry requirements for my course which is AAA. But I achieved ABB and I’m predicted a 2:1 for my first year. Can I still get in as I hate my current uni which is SOAS University of London

Ring them up and explain - not to some daft admissions person tho, get hold of the programme administrator or someone high up in the department, what they say usually goes if the course director and says u can go, they will tell the faculty admissions tutor and they will get u in.

Is SOAS very central?
Are you currently at Qm then? Or city
Original post by username2781270

Hey did you eventually transfer to any other uni?? And you know how they told u to apply as a first year, for your qualifications were they taking your first year at uni into account?
Original post by thenextchemist

How did they do it can you explain, please? Unfortunately I couldn’t get in to QM because I didn’t meet entry requirements, so I went to City University to study computer science. However in the QM website it says they won’t accept transfers in the School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science.
Original post by Anonymous
How did they do it can you explain, please? Unfortunately I couldn’t get in to QM because I didn’t meet entry requirements, so I went to City University to study computer science. However in the QM website it says they won’t accept transfers in the School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science.

If they say they don’t accept transfers into that faculty then that’s it I’m afraid.

Transfers are always case by case and can be down to a department or course level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending