The Student Room Group

How to deal with disordered eating without speaking to someone

Scroll to see replies

Original post by black tea
The reason you are constantly thinking about food/calories and are unable to stop yourself from binging is because you are under-eating and it's your body's way of trying to get you to eat. The former will not change until you start to eat enough to nourish your body.
I’ve tried putting different weights into calorie/TDEE calculators and most say my maintenance calories only changed by about 50 between my current and highest weights. I’m not excessively starving myself
Original post by Anonymous #1
I’ve tried putting different weights into calorie/TDEE calculators and most say my maintenance calories only changed by about 50 between my current and highest weights. I’m not excessively starving myself

Calculators say I should be eating 1200-1300 calories to maintain. Yet I eat around 2000 and maintain on that, and my body makes it very clear that I'm not eating enough when I eat under that amount. Calculators are ********, they don't account for a lot of factors.
Calculators say I should be eating 1200-1300 calories to maintain. Yet I eat around 2000 and maintain on that, and my body makes it very clear that I'm not eating enough when I eat under that amount. Calculators are ********, they don't account for a lot of factors.

I don’t have a more accurate way to calculate my calories and I’d rather accidentally under eat and lose weight than accidentally overeat and gain weigh
I really hope you can overcome this mindset eventually. Good luck. Eating disorders are ****.
I really hope you can overcome this mindset eventually. Good luck. Eating disorders are ****.

It comes in cycles so I should get over it soon, at least for a while

Quick Reply

Latest