The Student Room Group

Bad habits

I want to see if anyone has anything to suggest to help me with sleep.
I stay up late, regurlarly i stay up until 3am until a month ago which is when i was away from home.
I was going to bed early until my habits returned and im going back to where i was.
I am thinking it might be because my family at home stays up late and because i want to be with them and also feel like i am expected to be with them i stay up with them which ruins my own sleep schedule.
any suggestions would be helpful thank you
Hi I used to have the same situation, and what I started to do is to start planning my week in the google calendar from beginning to end, ( sounds a bit petty and weird maybe? ) but it helped me increase my productivity as well as use well my energy, to the point where I usually get so tired and I started to go to sleep about 10-11 at first, then I started realising that if you start as well trying to not look at your phone an hour before you want to go to sleep this will help you go to sleep faster, like example I wanna go to sleep at 10 I'd stop using my phone at 9 and do anything instead in order to sleep faster when the time comes, it's all about commitment and determination, At night I usually just go on my room now put my phone aside and so some revision and go to sleep now about 9, I usually spend the daytime with my family as well as quiet college friends or anything I have to do, organising yourself once a week like example the weekend and plan your next week on calendar has helped me so much, as well as praying after and before sleeping ( if you are religious maybe?) eating well can also influence your sleeping pattern at the beginning you have to bare in mind that your habits are not going to change immediately but keep on going and trust the process, I hope this may help you
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi I used to have the same situation, and what I started to do is to start planning my week in the google calendar from beginning to end, ( sounds a bit petty and weird maybe? ) but it helped me increase my productivity as well as use well my energy, to the point where I usually get so tired and I started to go to sleep about 10-11 at first, then I started realising that if you start as well trying to not look at your phone an hour before you want to go to sleep this will help you go to sleep faster, like example I wanna go to sleep at 10 I'd stop using my phone at 9 and do anything instead in order to sleep faster when the time comes, it's all about commitment and determination, At night I usually just go on my room now put my phone aside and so some revision and go to sleep now about 9, I usually spend the daytime with my family as well as quiet college friends or anything I have to do, organising yourself once a week like example the weekend and plan your next week on calendar has helped me so much, as well as praying after and before sleeping ( if you are religious maybe?) eating well can also influence your sleeping pattern at the beginning you have to bare in mind that your habits are not going to change immediately but keep on going and trust the process, I hope this may help you
Thanks! I will try this!

Quick Reply

Latest