The Student Room Group

Will the university have my "disability" on record for employers to see?

Hello I'm a bit confused and paranoid because I've always had panic attacks in large exam settings, so I managed to get a smaller room arrangement.

The issue is they've labelled all of this under "disability: mental health conditions such as schizo/anxiety"

It sounds super extreme because Im a functioning male but it's only in large exam venues I panic so I feel this label of "disability" is very extreme.

My question is will these labels and arrangements be on my degree certificate or will it be on my record, so the employers can see that I did the exam with arrangements? Will there be any trace of me using these arrangements when I use my degree.?

Or are these terms just used within the university to ensure everyone is equal. I do hope this is the case because my family are really laying into me that I screwed up my future because now I'm labelled as mental.

Thanks guys
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello I'm a bit confused and paranoid because I've always had panic attacks in large exam settings, so I managed to get a smaller room arrangement.
The issue is they've labelled all of this under "disability: mental health conditions such as schizo/anxiety"
It sounds super extreme because Im a functioning male but it's only in large exam venues I panic so I feel this label of "disability" is very extreme.
My question is will these labels and arrangements be on my degree certificate or will it be on my record, so the employers can see that I did the exam with arrangements? Will there be any trace of me using these arrangements when I use my degree.?
Or are these terms just used within the university to ensure everyone is equal. I do hope this is the case because my family are really laying into me that I screwed up my future because now I'm labelled as mental.
Thanks guys

I would check with the university but as far as I’m aware ab employer would not have access to those kind of records or what exam rooms you used.
I work in postgrad admissions and see a huge amount of degree certs and transcripts.

I've never seen any reference to specific arrangements like this on official docs - only where there has been some wider mitigation applied, (e.g. 'condoned passes' under COVID etc).

NB. Maybe ask your family to be a bit more empathetic and thoughtful if you are prone to anxiety.

Quick Reply

Latest