The Student Room Group

Prom 2024 - advice needed!!

so my prom is in summer this year and I was going to go with my small group of friends (3 of us in total) but I’ve also been invited to go with a bigger group (8+ girls), who I also know really well.
I waa originally going to go with my small group of friends but its seeming like it isn’t likely that all of them will go, and I don’t want to end up stranded and having to go alone if one or both of them cancels on the day. (They have been quite unreliable in terms of last minute cancellations in the past)
Going with the bigger group sounds more fun and reliable too, but my small friend group don’t get on with anyone in the bigger group so I would have to go with them and leave my smaller friend group (if that makes sense!!) I don’t want to offend my small group of friends by choosing not to go with them but I really feel like going with a bigger group is a safer option and will probably be more fun anyway.
What should I do? And how do I explain it to my smaller group of friends without offending them? Any advice would help!
Personally, I would go with the bigger group also, you could say that someone from the other group is going to help with your hair/makeup? Or you could also say that they asked you first... Alternatively, be honest and say you're worried about them cancelling so you'd rather go with the others to avoid this happening as it has upset you in the past.
Hi!
i totally understand how you feel. My friends also are SO unreliable with plans!!
i get why you want to be with the bigger group of friends. i think i would frankly tell my smaller group of friends that i don't want to be left alone if they are to cancel. and i think that if they are your friends that really care for you, they would understand your feelings on how you do not want to be alone in prom
have fun! XO

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending