The Student Room Group

ibs exam stress mental health

I am in year 10 and since last year I have been having horrendous stomach pain and bad stomach issues.my doctors are saying it’s ibs and it has ruined my school life to the point where I used to get 7 and 8s and I am now getting U’s 2’s and barely passes because I cannot focus on my tests since I am so sick. I have not been confirmed about my illness so I am not illegible to sit in a different room, meaning when I get to my mocks I will have to sit in the big exam hall, and even with a letter of confirmation and moving to a smaller room, the amount of people in there are around 20 - 30 people, and I have been failing my tests in classes of this size currently.

My mental health has completely deteriorated because I am the only one in my family that has this and my sister previously passing her gsce and a levels with flying colours is pursing medicine and she is now a model for me whereas I can’t even be motivated to show up into lessons anymore and I don’t know what to do because my school doesn’t seem to care anymore nor do my family even care that much.

I have tried different medicines and relaxation techniques but nothing seems to work . I have tried talking to my mom about just homeschooling me and waiting until I become an adult to find a mediocre job because I truly cannot see myself going anywhere after year 11 because of how much pain and disturbance I’m in.
It is truly humiliating being in class and people stare because of my stomach and in my text I can’t focus on anything but my stomach and it has worn me out.
I would really appreciate some advice and I apologise for the long paragraph.

Quick Reply

Latest