The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Sociology Paper 1 (7192/1) - 20th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

AQA A Level Sociology Paper 1 (7192/1) - 20th May 2024 [Exam Chat]
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam :smile: Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else. Wishing you all the best of luck!

Date of exam: Monday 20th May 2024
Time: AM, 2hrs
Topics in Paper: Education, Methods in Context, Theory and Methods

How are we all feeling about this paper? What is your favourite topic? :biggrin:

Good luck! Click here to find exam discussions for other A Level subjects!
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have any revision tips ? I struggle with the amount content in soc
Original post by Skye hempsall
Does anyone have any revision tips ? I struggle with the amount content in soc

try and condense your notes as much as possible. most of them time you won’t get chance to recite everything in the exam so have a few key points for each topic.
which topics do you do?
Reply 4
any predictions for the paper?
i think social policy linked to SOMETHING is gonna come up i.e., to functions of education or educational achievement
i was thinking theories maybe?
Original post by papertowns23
try and condense your notes as much as possible. most of them time you won’t get chance to recite everything in the exam so have a few key points for each topic.
which topics do you do?

Education with theory and methods, culture and identity with media and crime and deviance with theory and methods
Reply 7
Original post by papertowns23
i was thinking theories maybe?

i think its likely we’ll get a values in research or sociology as a science question for some reason
Reply 8
So apparently for the 30 marker globalisation is most likely to come up, I have also heard that policy might make a comeback. What are the predictions for the 20 marker?
Reply 9
Original post by mmmm.
So apparently for the 30 marker globalisation is most likely to come up, I have also heard that policy might make a comeback. What are the predictions for the 20 marker?

hard to predict methods in context but ive heard either experiments or interviews are likely
Original post by mmmm.

yes you have a point - they love using globalisation
Original post by emm4nuella
yes you have a point - they love using globalisation

if globalisation comes up, surely itd have to be linked to something else. i.e., functions, educational achievement/ policies?
Original post by diaeve
if globalisation comes up, surely itd have to be linked to something else. i.e., functions, educational achievement/ policies?

oh yes ofc!!
oh yes ofc!!

but also… do they really wanna do globalisation as the biggest tariff question after the backlash with last year exams? (if you dont know globalisation came up on 4? questions)
Original post by diaeve
but also… do they really wanna do globalisation as the biggest tariff question after the backlash with last year exams? (if you dont know globalisation came up on 4? questions)

what really?
what really?

yeah it came up in 3x ten markers across paper 1 and 2 and then as the 30 marker on crime and dev
Original post by diaeve
yeah it came up in 3x ten markers across paper 1 and 2 and then as the 30 marker on crime and dev

(i think dont quote me on this)
Original post by diaeve

that's so bad! let's hope they don't do that to us
that's so bad! let's hope they don't do that to us

itll come up SOMEWHERE, it always does. just thinking it may be more likely to come up as the 20 marker in paper 3 theory & methods with all the backlash from teachers last year
Original post by diaeve
itll come up SOMEWHERE, it always does. just thinking it may be more likely to come up as the 20 marker in paper 3 theory & methods with all the backlash from teachers last year

oh yh they cant afford to miss out globalisation :biggrin:!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending