The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Sociology Paper 2 (7192/2) - 4th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

AQA A Level Sociology Paper 2 (7192/2) - 4th June 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam :smile: Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else. Wishing you all the best of luck! :smile:

Date of exam: Tuesday 4th June 2024

Time: AM, 2hrs

Topics in Paper:
Option 1: Culture and Identity OR Families and Households OR Health OR Work, Poverty & Welfare
Option 2: Beliefs in Society OR Global Development OR The Media OR Stratification and Differentiation

How are we all feeling about this paper? What is your favourite topic? :biggrin:

Good luck! Click here to find exam discussions for other A Level subjects!
Reply 2
Hiya i heard for stratification the webarian theory is most likely to come for the 20marker, what are the predictions for family?
my school is doing beliefs in society. if anyone else is doing what questions do you think could be asked
Original post by stargirl28
my school is doing beliefs in society. if anyone else is doing what questions do you think could be asked

a theory of religion could come up as a 20 marker?
Original post by emm4nuella
a theory of religion could come up as a 20 marker?

do you think that ideology could come up as a 10 marker then because it has never come up before
Reply 6
do you think that ideology could come up as a 10 marker then because it has never come up before

how would they even ask about ideology though, because to me its just theory and methods
Original post by diaeve
how would they even ask about ideology though, because to me its just theory and methods

i don’t know what you mean but paper 2 doesn’t have theory+ methods that paper 1&3. i meant ideology of religion
Reply 8
i don’t know what you mean but paper 2 doesn’t have theory+ methods that paper 1&3. i meant ideology of religion

no i know, but ideology carries like functionalism marxism feminism and i relate that more with theory questions
Original post by diaeve
no i know, but ideology carries like functionalism marxism feminism and i relate that more with theory questions

oh ok i get you. they would ask us any conflict theory question about religion as a 10 marker and we may be able to add ideology depending if it’s mentioned in the item box or not
does anything think that fundamentalism, globalisation or/and speculation could come up in beliefs in society
does anything think that fundamentalism, globalisation or/and speculation could come up in beliefs in society

what's speculation?

fundamentalism wouldnt probably come up AS a large mark question, but it could be helpful in a showcase to how people are responding to social change and how religion may try to avoid social change (could link it to globalisation especially with televangelism and due to the rapid spread of different ideologies causing groups like the NCR to be spreading in america)
Original post by emm4nuella
what's speculation?

i meant secularisation
Original post by diaeve
fundamentalism wouldnt probably come up AS a large mark question, but it could be helpful in a showcase to how people are responding to social change and how religion may try to avoid social change (could link it to globalisation especially with televangelism and due to the rapid spread of different ideologies causing groups like the NCR to be spreading in america)

ok i will revise that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending