The Student Room Group

A-level Sociology Study Group 2023-2024

:hello: Welcome to the A-level Sociology Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

Scroll to see replies

hello!
im doing the second year of a level socio for the exam board Cambridge
i enjoyed the family topic and am particularly interested in media, which we will be taught later this year
i struggle with remembering the evidence lol

for anyone whose doing Cambridge socio, I've got a website where i upload my notes so feel free to check it out! For reference, i got an A last year :smile:
The Study Days (wordpress.com)
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by psychstudent2625
hello!
i enjoyed the family topic and am particularly interested in media, which we will be taught later this year

for anyone whose doing Cambridge socio, I've got a website where i upload my notes so feel free to check it out! For reference, i got an A last year :smile:
www.thestudydays.com/uk/

Now I know where all the royalties went...
Hello, this is the official thread for those in Year 13 who are currently studying A Level Sociology this year. First of all, welcome guys - we are in this together <3! Second, here are a few icebreaker questions:

1) name and where you are from
2) what other subjects you are taking at A Level
3) the grades you are hoping to get at the end of Year 13 :smile:
4) the latest netflix show/movie you've watched
5) your go-to positive/motivational quote or affirmation
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Chris.Livesey

wait omg are you THE author of the cambrdige textbook??!
Indeed I am.
But don't worry, I actually find it quite funny that you've posted pdf's of the books.
Hello, I am doing sociology, edexcel.
Indeed I am.
But don't worry, I actually find it quite funny that you've posted pdf's of the books.

i can remove it if you want!
i can remove it if you want!

No, it's fine.
If it helps others doing CIE then I'm okay with that.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum
which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

where is the link?
Original post by emm4nuella
where is the link?

It's linked as 'subject forum'.

I've moved your thread to the Sociology Forum, but it seems there is already an official thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7395931

Do you mind I if merge your threads together?
Original post by 5hyl33n
It's linked as 'subject forum'.

I've moved your thread to the Sociology Forum, but it seems there is already an official thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7395931

Do you mind I if merge your threads together?

oh interesting! yes feel free to - thank you <3
Original post by emm4nuella
oh interesting! yes feel free to - thank you <3

Hello again @emm4nuella,

Your thread has been merged with the official study thread.

Good luck with A-Level Sociology. :yep:
Reply 14
hello!

www.thestudydays.com/uk/

(Original post by Aceful)
Media Studies is a great subject if you are a creative individual and someone who loves writing essays. You study the history of media from radio, newspapers, magazines and TV while also looking at modern products such as music videos and video games and how the internet has influenced media.

Your final grade is from two written exams and a coursework element where you will create a cross-media product such as a magazine, short film or music video.

Things to be aware of:

Depending on your exam board it may be hard to find revision resources online since there are multiple set products which change every year or two.

If you aren't the best at essay subjects such as English Language or English Literature, you may also struggle with Media Studies since you would also need to analyze quotes, scenes or representation from media alongside theories which you will learn.

Overall it is a fun subject and is not too hard to get a good grade. :smile:
Hello there,
hope you’re well,
I took media studies for the first time in AS level AQA level do you have any notes for it or any resources which could be beneficial also do u have to give exams for media in A2 or in AS ?
Reply 15
Original post by Pwca

:hello: Welcome to the A-level Sociology Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

Hey year 12 here i was wondering what are the best resources to use for really understanding sociology (AQA) and how to get better at writing essays because I feel like although i know what to include i think it is very different to knowing how to cohesively put it all together ?
Hello fellow sociologists, what do you recommend as the best way to revise for this subject? (particularly if you do AQA) thanks :smile:
Reply 17
hello!

www.thestudydays.com/uk/

Hey. I can’t access your note’s link, is it okay for you to send it to me separately?
Reply 18
Hey. Could anyone please tell me the essay format for sociology paper’s 26 and 30 markers? (2033-2024 pattern paper)?

Paper 3 and 4.
Reply 19

I want to say I love you for writing our course book but simultaneously say I hate you for making my life hard. But hey, at least you didn’t invent mathematics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending