The Student Room Group

Can I get into EU/Us unis

I have just got gcse results and they are low in comparison to what I expected ( 4 A*s 1 A and 5 B’s), so I may redo some, I was just wondering if my grades are sufficient enough for any of these unis:
Eu:
Stockholm school of economics
Bocconi university
Geneva
Escp
Us:
Chicago
Cornell
Dartmouth
Stanford
John Hopkins

I am hoping to go into investment banking after uni, so any advice on uni is appreciated.
(edited 8 months ago)
it depends a lot on what you got your A/A*s in- Us universities especially care about your grades in English and Maths, not so much other subjects. And even getting a B is still impressive - well done on your results
In terms of GCSEs unis mostly care about English and Maths. Your A-Level results (and ACT/SAT results if you need to sit one of these to apply for US unis) and essay/personal statement will matter more than your GCSEs. Well done on those results!!
Reply 3
Original post by idkidotheib
it depends a lot on what you got your A/A*s in- Us universities especially care about your grades in English and Maths, not so much other subjects. And even getting a B is still impressive - well done on your results

I got
a* in maths, further maths, chemistry, physics
A in biology
B in English literature, English language, history, Pe, Spanish
Original post by JHW123
I got
a* in maths, further maths, chemistry, physics
A in biology
B in English literature, English language, history, Pe, Spanish

Oh those look really good!! You'll be fine :smile:

(Also, when you apply to JHU, make sure you say/write Johns Hopkins not John. There's an "S" at the end of Johns and they might get annoyed at you if you get it wrong haha. Sincerely, someone who went to JHU for a semester abroad.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending