The Student Room Group

Ultimate Maths Resource Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tom95
Does anybody have the AEA and STEP zip files that Kyalimers posted on the first page?

I'm not sure about the AEA but a more complete set of STEP papers, solutions and other tidbits can be downloaded here (credit goes to Xero Xenith for compiling it).
Reply 241
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
I'm not sure about the AEA but a more complete set of STEP papers, solutions and other tidbits can be downloaded here (credit goes to Xero Xenith for compiling it).

Hi, do you know where can I find AQA Core 3 maths paper for may 2012 by any chance, thanks a lot..
Original post by wanjianyi
Hi, do you know where can I find AQA Core 3 maths paper for may 2012 by any chance, thanks a lot..

No clue, sorry. I should say that it's likely that your school/college is holding the most recent paper back for a mock and most exam boards (as far as I'm aware) tend to respect this by delaying the release of the latest paper until closer to exam time.
Reply 243
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
No clue, sorry. I should say that it's likely that your school/college is holding the most recent paper back for a mock and most exam boards (as far as I'm aware) tend to respect this by delaying the release of the latest paper until closer to exam time.

Oh cool, I will focus on my FP4 mock then, no C3 for me until the actual Jan retake, do you know which exam board's paper is hardest, I will just do more of these to practise..
Original post by wanjianyi
Oh cool, I will focus on my FP4 mock then, no C3 for me until the actual Jan retake, do you know which exam board's paper is hardest, I will just do more of these to practise..

I don't know much about the maths A-Level papers beyond my old board (OCR) but MEI has a reputation for setting slightly more difficult exams than the others (Or so I hear; although, I expect the difference to be pretty small). Solomon papers are also an option but they may not be hugely relevant to your board's C3.
Reply 245
would anyone have old c1/s1 ccea papers pre-2005?
Reply 246
hi
can i get the C2 password please
Original post by CraigJohnston
anyone fancy helping me with this implicit differentiation question, my mind is totally blocked right now

cos(xy) = (y)cubed.

PART 1- FINDING DERIVATIVE OF cos(xy) cos(xy)

let p=cos(xy) p= cos(xy) and let u=xy u=xy
p=cos(u) \Rightarrow p= cos(u)

dudx=xdydx+y\frac{du}{dx} = x\frac{dy}{dx} + y

dpdu=sin(u)\frac{dp}{du} = -sin(u)

By chain rule dudx×dpdu=dpdx \frac{du}{dx} \times \frac{dp}{du} = \frac{dp}{dx}

dpdx=(xdydx+y)sin(u)\Rightarrow \frac{dp}{dx}= -(x\frac{dy}{dx} + y) sin (u)

=(xdydx+y)sin(xy)= -(x\frac{dy}{dx} + y) sin (xy)

so the derivative of cos(xy) cos(xy) with respect to xx is

(xdydx+y)sin(xy)-(x\frac{dy}{dx} + y) sin (xy)

PART 2 THE ORIGINAL EQUATION

y3=cos(xy) y^3 = cos(xy)

IMPLICTLY DIFFERENTIATING

3y2dydx=(xdydx+y)sin(xy) 3y^2 \frac{dy}{dx} = -(x\frac{dy}{dx} + y) sin (xy)

3y2dydx=xdydxsin(xy)ysin(xy)\Rightarrow 3y^2 \frac{dy}{dx} = -x\frac{dy}{dx}sin (xy) - ysin (xy)

3y2dydx+xdydxsin(xy)=ysin(xy)\Rightarrow3y^2 \frac{dy}{dx} + x\frac{dy}{dx}sin (xy)= -ysin (xy)

dydx(3y2+xsin(xy))=ysin(xy)\Rightarrow\frac{dy}{dx}(3y^2+xsin(xy))=-ysin(xy)

dydx=ysin(xy)3y2+xsin(xy)\Rightarrow\frac{dy}{dx}= \dfrac{-ysin(xy)}{3y^2+xsin(xy)}
Reply 248
Hi can I have the c4 password please?
Can I please have the password for c4 and c3 sloution banks please? Thanks
Reply 250
Hi

Can i please have the password for c4 :smile:

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by PhyMath
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=823df5b4ba6f4b7ac79b87b207592a1cdfffc39f49726e4c947708e37b913e74

I thought it would be useful to collect them all in one place, they are password protected so pm if you need the password.

What's there:

AEA papers
STEP papers
BMO papers
Delphi papers
Elmswood Press papers
Heinemann solution banks
OCR MEI reivsion notes and specimen papers
Edexcel and OCR solomon papers

Will be adding past papers from other olympiads soon.

can i have the password for heinman solutionbank C2........please!!!!
Reply 252
Hey, can I have the password for c1,c2 and s1 Solomon edexcel papers, please?
Reply 253
Original post by Hiran20
Hey, can I have the password for c1,c2 and s1 Solomon edexcel papers, please?

http://www.tomred.org/maths.html
Reply 254
Reply 255
please may i have the password for c4 solutionbank
Reply 256
Original post by PhyMath
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=823df5b4ba6f4b7ac79b87b207592a1cdfffc39f49726e4c947708e37b913e74

I thought it would be useful to collect them all in one place, they are password protected so pm if you need the password.

What's there:

AEA papers
STEP papers
BMO papers
Delphi papers
Elmswood Press papers
Heinemann solution banks

could i have the password plss for c4 solutionbank
Are any of these links for the edexcel a level maths textbook pdfs? I can't find one that works on this thread :s-smilie:
Can I download a copy of the textbooks onto my computer?? Thanks :smile:
Reply 258
Original post by Jazztrov
Are any of these links for the edexcel a level maths textbook pdfs? I can't find one that works on this thread :s-smilie:
Can I download a copy of the textbooks onto my computer?? Thanks :smile:

I am not surprised as this is 6 years old
Original post by PhyMath

What's there:

AEA papers
STEP papers
BMO papers
Delphi papers
Elmswood Press papers
Heinemann solution banks

Please can you pm me the password for delphi papers thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest