The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Are you offended by Islam?

Scroll to see replies

I'd just like to point out that a secular society based on christian ethics is an oxymoron:tongue:
Reply 41
eve_22
Sorry about not getting your point, however, there was no need for that either.

Oh jesus.

I was saying that you hadn't presented a single piece of evidence ( the "knowledge" the other poster was referring to ) despite you saying all this warm fuzziness coming from the Quran, not that you have a general lack of knowledge.
Reply 42
Princess_me
"O You who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will, and you should not treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the Mahr (bridal-money given by the husband to his wife at time of marriage) you have given them, unless they commit open illegal sexual intercourse. And live with them honorably. If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and Allah brings
through it a great deal of good." (An-Nisa 4:19)

"Assuredly, women are the twin halves of men." (Sahih reported by Abu-Dawud (RA)

And when the female (infant) buried alive (as the pagan Arabs used to do)
shall be questioned. For what sin she was killed? (At-Takwir 81:8-9)

(Islams disgust for Infanticide, the religion gives rights to women)

I will not have a quote war with you. I've been through all of this crap before and there is no winning when you are overwhelmed by ignorance. People that say: "The book says it so it must be true" and think all muslims will follow that one verse when there are dozens that contradict it - are foolish.
Gaius Julius
I'd just like to point out that a secular society based on christian ethics is an oxymoron:tongue:

That really depends on how you define Christian ethics.
Reply 44
I really dont get why some people hate Islam so much! The gender inequality thing is nonsense, when I was younger someone said that to me! I was shocked so I went off and read up on it! Looked at parts of it context and have no problem with it at all! Take the prophets wife Khudija- she was older than him, earned more than him, a wealthy business woman. But alot of people would be shocked- what she didnt hide all day under a rock? Islam gave rights to women who had none. What religion says and what people who call themselves believers or followers do are different.
CHAMON
Not at all. Islam is fine. Just as long as they don't convert me by force. :wink:

It doesn't, the people who try to are getting it wrong. :smile:

"No soul can believe, except by the will of Allah, and He will place doubt (or obscurity) on those who will not understand"

Islam will come to who is comes, but we as Muslims have a duty to represent it well, to attract others.
Reply 46
Frodz
Oh jesus.

I was saying that you hadn't presented a single piece of evidence ( the "knowledge" the other poster was referring to ) despite you saying all this warm fuzziness coming from the Quran, not that you have a general lack of knowledge.

I did get that. I am not going to get into a stupid fight :rolleyes:
Reply 47
I am offended by the implication that women are nothing but voluptuous, seductive sex objects, without personalities or other merits, and as such must be veiled from head to toe to protect men from their baser instincts. I am also offended by the implication that men are too retarded and bestial to restrain themselves, should they see an uncovered female. That sort of philosophy is at the level of the monkey.

Aside from that, I think that Islam possesses a lot of positive attributes.
Reply 48
Gaius Julius

Only because you've assumed (incorrectly) what I mean by secular. A secular britain would treat Jesus and Mohammad as philosophers. Nothing more nothing less.
Reply 49
Yet another Islamophobic thread? :rolleyes:
Reply 50
I'm not offended by Islam and I respect people's religions but I do agree that I don't think Islam has a place in British society
Reply 51
Free Thinker
I have a translated Qur'an, I read it and argued about it and my response was always that I need to learn arabic to fully understand it :rolleyes:

I'm not a fool, I know what they're trying to do.

They're telling you that theres a double meaning to it. For example, if I tried to translate an english rhyming poem or english literature into another language, it would only make half as much sense. You understand wat it means but it doesnt have the same effect.

Give me something you've argued about.
Ruhell
Yet another Islamophobic thread? :rolleyes:

Disgust != Fear
Free Thinker
I will not have a quote war with you. I've been through all of this crap before and there is no winning when you are overwhelmed by ignorance. People that say: "The book says it so it must be true" and think all muslims will follow that one verse when there are dozens that contradict it - are foolish.

Neither do I, I just want to get my point through....you need better understanding. Your views are very offensive, what type of person are you trying to squish peoples beliefs!
Reply 54
Free Thinker
I am, I think (in the hands of men) it breaches human rights, extorts women, encourages barbaric traditions and gives nothing of any use to humanity to build upon.

I think Britain must become a secular society (which will be naturally based on christian ethics). Islam has no place in our society.

You should've been part of the Nazis too.
Reply 55
"Are you offended by Islam?"

No, I think it's beautiful.
Reply 56
Nyet
I am offended by the implication that women are nothing but voluptuous, seductive sex objects, without personalities or other merits, and as such must be veiled from head to toe to protect men from their baser instincts. I am also offended by the implication that men are too retarded and bestial to restrain themselves, should they see an uncovered female. That sort of philosophy is at the level of the monkey.

Aside from that, I think that Islam possesses a lot of positive attributes.

Very well put, I agree with you 100%.
Free Thinker
Very well put, I agree with you 100%.

"Aside from that, I think that Islam possesses a lot of positive attributes."

What is left?

Neverthess, you said it was "crap" before, but know you do agree it DOES possesses positive attributes. Your point isn't clear you totally contradicted the religion and didn't believe in any aspect.
Reply 58
Alias__
I'm not offended by Islam and I respect people's religions but I do agree that I don't think Islam has a place in British society

And becasue of that lets kill all the muslims in the UK and wipe out Islam altogether. :rolleyes:
Ruhell
YOU ARE SOO UGLY :yep: Everyone reading this check out his profile LMFAO

Nowhere near as ugly as your savage, intolerant religion.

Latest

Trending

Trending