The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

15year-old from my 6th Form going Cambridge!

Scroll to see replies

Kyle_S-C
I think the point is that you're not allowed in most places which serve alcohol during the evening if you're under 18. That would be most places in Cambridge and ents/balls would also be out of the question.

I agree, it's a good point...just not sure it was the one being advanced.
Reply 81
shadowsintherain
I agree, it's a good point...just not sure it was the one being advanced.

Yeah, I see what you mean. On a completely unrelated note, awesome choice of college. :biggrin:
Reply 82
lol he looks funny.
Rubix
what's the point...he can't legally buy alcohol.

Erm, plenty of people over 18 choose not to drink and still manage to have a good time at uni?

:rolleyes:
Reply 84
I think most people at that age have the capacity to do highers or A-levels, just means sacrificing some childhood. I don't think he would make it at University though. Most 18 year old barely cope with the social aspects.
Reply 85
My mum told me about this girl the other day. She got into Oxford at 13!!!
But because she was too young and indian, her parents didn't let her go. Her mum died soon after and she went off the rails. Ten years on....she's working as a prostitute :O
Just goes to show it's about maturity aswell.

And i hope this guy does good, as other posts have already said, he won't be able to enjoy the full uni experience but i guess when he graduates he'll get a wow job and make baree. Good times for him.
Reply 86
I don't think the drinking is a massive issue, you can still have a good time without it. But you can't seriously be friends with someone three years younger than you. If this guy has studied so hard to get himself ready for an A Level maths at 15 - he can't exactly have had much life experience.

Its a train crash waiting to happen...
Reply 87
oo_Lucinda_oo
Erm, plenty of people over 18 choose not to drink and still manage to have a good time at uni?

:rolleyes:

shadowsintherain
Yes - University revolves around alcohol and anybody who cannot drink it will have a **** time.

erm, you're a rubbish pre fresher and don't know what you're talking about.
there are some haters in this thread. who cares what he looks like? looks will only get you so far.
Rubix
erm, you're a rubbish pre fresher and don't know what you're talking about.

Actually, I do.

The statement, "Plenty of people go to university, don't drink, and still manage to have a good time" is factual and correct.

You can't refute it, and despite being a ''rubbish pre fresher'' I still seem to have more common sense than you.
Reply 90
I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's not as if Cambridge is much good for maths. :s
Almost every time people go to uni early the results aren't good.
Reply 92
matt2k8
Almost every time people go to uni early the results aren't good.

check this out::

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Lawrence

this is phenomenal stuff!! im blown away.
Reply 93
Jibzy
check this out::

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Lawrence

this is phenomenal stuff!! im blown away.

Lol That's ridiculous :eek3:

Latest

Trending

Trending