The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Bofd?

Hey, i had my business studies unit 2 paper sent back a few months ago,
it was interesting to note that on numerous occasions the examiner wrote "BOFD", this "BOFD" is not explained anywhere in the mark scheme, and slo, the teacher has no idea what it is :confused: ,
you guys have any ideas?

i thought maybe it meant bringing of further detail ?
Reply 1
mr_Cricket
Hey, i had my business studies unit 2 paper sent back a few months ago,
it was interesting to note that on numerous occasions the examiner wrote "BOFD", this "BOFD" is not explained anywhere in the mark scheme, and slo, the teacher has no idea what it is :confused: ,
you guys have any ideas?

i thought maybe it meant bringing of further detail ?

Benefit of doubt?
Reply 2
jayshah31
Benefit of doubt?

perhaps yeah.

Bovvered? BOVVERED?

I AINT BOVVERED!
They're not allowed to put comments or reasons on them, as that way if you can prove they are wrong they get in trouble and the exam system is questioned. That's what I've been told by teachers and the exams person at my school.
Reply 5
Mr. Orange

Bovvered? BOVVERED?

I AINT BOVVERED!

...oh dear. xD
Reply 6
mr_Cricket
perhaps yeah.

Have there been any 'BOFD' comments where you got 0 marks in that part of the question?
Reply 7
jayshah31
Have there been any 'BOFD' comments where you got 0 marks in that part of the question?

yep, they put bofd and didnt give me a mark.
Reply 8
mr_Cricket

'Bloody Oaf! Failed! Detention!'

...Or maybe not :<

Are you sure it wasnt BOFH, ie. Bastard Operator From Hell? (google it)
Reply 9
mr_Cricket

Then it doesn't make any sense. Benefit of doubt is more towards where the examiner feels your answer can be interpreted in two different ways, but has given you the mark. So you got zero in total for that part? :confused:
Reply 10
tbh, i still have queries over the remark of this test, it doesnt seem to be consistant at all........., oh well, thats AQA :/

Latest