The Student Room Group

Concentration

Hey everyone.

I'm doing 8 AS module exams in a few months, and it's about time I started to revise. This half-term holiday is a good opportunity to start.

Once I get on with it, I'm ok and I'll get through it quite fast. However, every morning I find myself procrastinating and most days, so far, I haven't done any; Instead I find myself doing irrelevent things like playing the piano or watching TV - and even then I'm bored.

Whilst time is catching up with me, I'm finding the impending doom of exams less and less pressing - so by the last week I may very well find myself doing this: :woo: - and by the last day this: :eek3:. I had this issue with my GCSEs and, when aiming for 8 A*, I got 2A*, 3A, 3B and a C :frown:.

As I'm going for 5 As for AS - and I know I have the potential to do it - I need to get down to work but I'm finding myself getting nowhere.

I'm sure (Or should I say I hope :wink:) that there are others like this.

What kinds of things would help me get on track and into the right mindset to get on with revision?
Do past papers. If you don't get the A in the past paper, it might scare you into working harder
Reply 2
Thanks for the tip.

The annoying thing is that my year is the first year doing this syllabus for Chem, Bio and Phys (We're doing WJEC (unfortunately) - don't know about the rest of the UK) so past papers are a bit of a pain because 60% of the questions have been moved to A2 and alot of questions from A2 are now in AS - So doing a CH1 paper equivelent would mean going through 4 papers and knowing what's what - the chances of getting an accurate paper is low.

There is, however, the Jan papers for the first modules. That may come in handy....

Thanks for the tip :smile: It really worked with my maths in Jan; I can't beleive I didn't think of doing it for my other subjects.
Reply 3
Try set yourself a study schedule
If you try to fit in a fair amount of studying with a fair amount of relaxaton time, it should all work out fine.
You will probably find that once your get into the system you will find it easier to concentrate and will need less relaxation time.
This tip probably wont help, but ill just post it anyway ;D

Latest