The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Extenuating Circumstances

I go to the university of the arts - london college of communications, and had a presentation on fri, however lost my voice, had a fever and ear-ache since tue, but did the work which was a blog incase i get better. I didn't get better and turned out to be tonsilitist, and all you need for that is penicillin as i've had it before, so there was no need for me to go to the doctors, i e-mail my tutor the fri morning explaining that i had tonsilitist and couldn't speak and even e-mailed them the url to my blog, now their saying i need to fill an "Extenuating Circumstances form" because i didn't turn up, but need proof that i was ill :s-smilie: anybody know about how i can deal with this?
Reply 1
You simply need to obtain the form from your college. Ask the receptionist at the front and they should be able to tell you where to go. It's usually the place where administration takes place (regarding stuff like enrollment or tuition, etc). Once you receive the form, write your circumstances and include a document to support your claim. This would normally be from your doctor, such as a note.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Matisse
You simply need to obtain the form from your college. Ask the receptionist at the front and they should be able to tell you where to go. It's usually the place where administration takes place (regarding stuff like enrollment or tuition, etc). Once you receive the form, write your circumstances and include a document to support your claim. This would normally be from your doctor, such as a note.

the OP didn't go to the doctor, so they can't prove it.

Maybe get someone else reputable to write a statement that you were ill ?
Reply 3
It might be worth visiting the doctor, even the one at Davies Street, explaining the situation and obtaining a note that way. They also supply the extenuating circumstances form too, thus saving you the trouble obtaining it from your college.
Reply 4
squeak
the OP didn't go to the doctor, so they can't prove it.

Maybe get someone else reputable to write a statement that you were ill ?

Yes, I acknowledged that. Unfortunately, from my own experience, they usually only accept a note from the doctor for this type of case. Even if the OP has recovered, explaining the situation with the university's doctor(s) might be a viable solution.

Latest

Trending

Trending