The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thanks for the link. My family and I really enjoyed it.
Haaaaaaappy New Year :woo:
solano mobarak!!!! Hope Baba Norouz makes it special for you :P
Reply 3
mamnoon =)) shoma ham hamintor woo 1388
lol quoting Sa'adi?!? and speaking Persian at the end :lolwut:

Happy New Year btw to all celebrating :smile:
Reply 5
My simpsons calender says the new year is tomorrow. Pssh thats the SECOND time the calender has been wrong. Grr

but yeah i watched it on the news today, im glad he did something like that, its more then what Bush ever did.
and kudos on saying 'Islamic Rebulic of Iran' and not just Iran. Careful choice of words there.

The Obama without the teleprompter is worse than Bush. He is a gifted orator, but god help him if he needs to say something off script.
Reply 8
Yusuf.T
My simpsons calender says the new year is tomorrow. Pssh thats the SECOND time the calender has been wrong. Grr

but yeah i watched it on the news today, im glad he did something like that, its more then what Bush ever did.
and kudos on saying 'Islamic Rebulic of Iran' and not just Iran. Careful choice of words there.

yeahh it's usually 21st march, but for the past 2 years its been the 20th..it's based on spring equinox so i guess that's subject to change pretty often.
persian.royalty
(Today is Iranian new year)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ee0wrjVtkk

Don't you just love him :D

no
Reply 10
Happy New Year everyone!! :smile: :smile:
Reply 11
Eid mobarak, :biggrin:

The video is a good gesture, but it won't materialise without change, i.e. he needs to do something e,g, remove the pointless sanctions.
persian.royalty
(Today is Iranian new year)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ee0wrjVtkk

Don't you just love him :biggrin:

Consorting with the enemy, I see. Gain their trust, and strike whilst their guard is down. He's more intelligent, then I thought.
I love Iran's response back..."America must reverse its support for Israel"...Iranian politicians are such ****ing retards, they literally have no clue how to pursue diplomacy...
interesting approach.

though it did get kind of 'unicorny' towards the end.

and it really won't mean much if the moderates don't win the election in a few months.
Reply 15
Democracy
I love Iran's response back..."America must reverse its support for Israel"...Iranian politicians are such ****ing retards, they literally have no clue how to pursue diplomacy...

lmao, you have no clue about politics in Iran, :rolleyes: you have no clue about how the world works.

They had to say that because they don't want a devide between the moderates and the hard liners; notice how they had some reasonable demands too..
Bateman
lmao, you have no clue about politics in Iran, you have no clue about how the world works.

They had to say that because they don't want a devide between the moderates and the hard liners; notice how they had some reasonable demands too..

Yes genius, however, that doesn't change the fact that now very little if anything will get done, cause there's no way in hell America's going to stop supporting Israel. Iran has, in effect, taken a good offer, and thrown it back in America's face.

Still waiting for those sources from the other thread btw
Reply 17
Halle Burton
interesting approach.

though it did get kind of 'unicorny' towards the end.

and it really won't mean much if the moderates don't win the election in a few months.

The moderates are bound to win, enough is enough, Iranians are tired of 30 years of ********, the supreme leaders response to Obamas message is very promising (although, you could translate it as "they're idiots and don't know how diplomacy works.. blah blah, (democracy's ignorant post)" if you don't know how things work in Iran :rolleyes) things are progressing, but obama has to act first.
Reply 18
Democracy
Yes genius, however, that doesn't change the fact that now very little if anything will get done, cause there's no way in hell America's going to stop supporting Israel. Iran has, in effect, taken a good offer, and thrown it back in America's face.

Still waiting for those sources from the other thread btw

you're a frigging genius aren't you? did you listen to the speech, or hasn't it been translated yet? of course America isn't going to stop supporting Israel, but that's not all he said.

wtf do you mean good offer, you are clueless.

and wtf do you mean a source? you are a joke if you think your sources prove anything.
I found it a bit condesending really, to wish them a happy year year - but to then launch into a rant about how they need to stop trying to destroy, and instead create etc - but it's a decent gesture I suppose.

Happy new year to all those concerned! :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending