The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

DealerG
If it starts are the speed of light, then it's mass is practically infinity so it would just travel straight on forever and a force of infinity will be needed to stop it :rolleyes:

Why stop :cool:
Reply 21
I can tell you for certain when i do my PHD at university for physics, im going to work on proving that we can travel faster than the speed of light. I believe we can, and we will. Einsteins theory of relativity wont stop me tbh.
The thing is - you cant just do whatever you want for a PhD. Its funded and that means that someoneie a Prof in the uni has to submit a proposal that is agreed.

To put it another way, no university would ever waste money on this.
Reply 23
Agreed you would need one damn strong arguement backed up by alot of very advanced scientific arguement and probably even to the point of priliminary evidence for you proposal to not end up in the bin after reading the first line.

Even if you look at Einstein's early papers they weren't call "Why Netwon Is Wrong" they are papers on standard accepted physics that once read force you to accept that Newtons laws aren't the be all and end all.

In any case point made I think lol.

Latest