The Student Room Group

Post Your Favourite Inspirational Quotes :)

Hi, I thought that this thread could be used for posting some of your favourite quotes. :wink:

There have been many times that my interest in quotes has saved me during various problems and difficult situations in the past. I think that some quotes can have a very significant impact on one if they open up to it and carefully acknowledge its full meaning.

Therefore, in order to make others happy or to brighten up your own day, you can post some inspirational quotes. They can be about anything, just as long as they're inspirational to you, or you think they'll inspire someone else. :biggrin:

One of my favourite inspirational quotes is:
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see." :smile:

Scroll to see replies

'if wishes were fishes there would be no room in the river for water' by some otter in redwall :smile:

basically stop wishing for things and start doing things to make the wishes come true :h:
What you seek, is seeking you - Rumi
Original post by CoolCavy
'if wishes were fishes there would be no room in the river for water' by some otter in redwall :smile:

basically stop wishing for things and start doing things to make the wishes come true :h:

good quote, but 'fishes' is not grammatically correct, 'if wishes were fish...' :smile:
Original post by cookiemunch
good quote, but 'fishes' is not grammatically correct, 'if wishes were fish...' :smile:

lol yeah good point, i can't remember if it was written like that but in Redwall all of the creatures talk in a certain way and have different 'accents' so it could be that i suppose :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by CoolCavy
'if wishes were fishes there would be no room in the river for water'

Original post by cookiemunch
What you seek, is seeking you - Rumi

Wow, those quotes are amazing. Thanks for posting them. :smile:

Here's another one of my favourite quotes:
"Don't wait for the perfect moment, take the moment and make it perfect." :smile:
Reply 6
"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.":h:
'Bitches ain't **** but hoes and trickz, lick on deez nuts and suck the dick' ~ Dr. Dre
"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of others, seek what they sought" I can't remember where I heard this :/
Reply 9
"No matter who you are, where you've come from, what you've been through...you can make a difference in this world." :smile:
Reply 10
"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." :smile:
**** bitches, get money
image.png

This is so bootiful omg.
My personal favourites (couldn't decide on one :colondollar: )
1. Silence is better than bull****

2. The only time you should ever look back is to see how far you have come

:biggrin:
Reply 15
Hi, I love the quotes, especially by @Indeterminate, @RainbowKiwi, @xGCSE_Studentx and . Thanks, guys. :u:
(edited 8 years ago)
"You never see an old man eating a Twix." - Karl Pilkington
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Matrix123
Hi, I love the quotes, especially by @Indeterminate, @RainbowKiwi, @xGCSE_Studentx and @ihatePE. Thanks, guys. :u:

I'm glad you like them :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
I'm glad you like them :biggrin:

I couldn't not thank you - they were great. I'm a bit annoyed at the moment though because I can't rep you again. :frown:

Quick Reply