The Student Room Group

Motivational Quotes - Let's Get Studying

Motivation seems to be what most people struggle with when at school. They set massive goals but don't actually set any steps to reach them.

If you want to get 3As at A Level, pass all of your GCSEs or maybe just get your homework done on time - you need some form of motivation.

Sitting reading over notes won't help you reach your goals. Only you can get you to your dream Uni/College/Job.

What you need is a system, a system which makes you move that little bit further every day to where you want to be.

Picture your dream life. Who are you with? What is your job? How much money do you earn? Do you enjoy your work? Where do you live?

Now what do you need to get there? Maybe you only need to pass English and Maths GCSE. Maybe you need to go to University to reach the job of your dreams.

No matter what you want, you need to make the effort to get it.

I've included some of my favourite and realistic quotes for study motivation. On this thread you can post your favourite quotes, help each other with revision or offer your own tips yourself. If you are reading this it is because you want to do well. This is your time to smash your goals!

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have"

"Push harder than yesterday if you want a different tomorrow"

"Work hard in silence, let success make the noise"

"It always seems impossible until it's done"

And personally my favourite..

"If you're going through hell, keep going"

I believe in you, we can do this! Let's get studying!
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by study23!

Motivation seems to be what most people struggle with when at school. They set massive goals but don't actually set any steps to reach them.

If you want to get 3As at A Level, pass all of your GCSEs or maybe just get your homework done on time - you need some form of motivation.

Sitting reading over notes won't help you reach your goals. Only you can get you to your dream Uni/College/Job.

What you need is a system, a system which makes you move that little bit further every day to where you want to be.

Picture your dream life. Who are you with? What is your job? How much money do you earn? Do you enjoy your work? Where do you live?

Now what do you need to get there? Maybe you only need to pass English and Maths GCSE. Maybe you need to go to University to reach the job of your dreams.

I've included some of my favourite and realistic quotes for study motivation. On this thread you can post your favourite quotes, help each other with revision or offer your own tips yourself. If you are reading this it is because you want to do well. This is your time to smash your goals!

I really love this thread! Will definitely come back here for study motivation ❤️
This one of yours is probably my favourite: "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have"
Reply 2
Original post by emm4nuella
I really love this thread! Will definitely come back here for study motivation ❤️
This one of yours is probably my favourite: "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have"

I'm glad you like the thread!

It is such a lush quote isn't it? I also find it to be true, I've worked pretty hard acaedmically since the start of GCSEs and although obstacles always find a way to try and push me down, overall I've been given so many more opportunities than other people I know! And I am 99% sure that a big part of that is because of the effort I've put in paying off in unexpected ways. And what's even more wonderful is that it doesn't just apply to studies, but to everything 😊
I'm glad you like the thread!

It is such a lush quote isn't it? I also find it to be true, I've worked pretty hard acaedmically since the start of GCSEs and although obstacles always find a way to try and push me down, overall I've been given so many more opportunities than other people I know! And I am 99% sure that a big part of that is because of the effort I've put in paying off in unexpected ways. And what's even more wonderful is that it doesn't just apply to studies, but to everything 😊

literally

wow, this is fabulous! i have read/heard all of them but the meaning never really set in until now love all of them of so much. my dad always says"learn from your mistakes and never give up" and giving up is so easy but that is why hard work always pays off.
May this be our best year and may this year we reach closer to our goals, thank you for this. I will be watching this thread closely.
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
wow, this is fabulous! i have read/heard all of them but the meaning never really set in until now love all of them of so much. my dad always says"learn from your mistakes and never give up" and giving up is so easy but that is why hard work always pays off.
May this be our best year and may this year we reach closer to our goals, thank you for this. I will be watching this thread closely.

yes i am loving this energy. 2024 will be our year
Reply 6
Original post by emm4nuella
yes i am loving this energy. 2024 will be our year

100%
Reply 7

omg i was literally feeling discouraged and unmotivated to revise today but reading this thread actually boosted my spirits and makes me want to revise, thank youu!! 🤍
Love this thread thank u sm for making it!
Reply 9
Original post by milktee
omg i was literally feeling discouraged and unmotivated to revise today but reading this thread actually boosted my spirits and makes me want to revise, thank youu!! 🤍

I’m glad it worked! We all have those days, honestly mine was like that today too, but after spending probably too long reading motivation quotes online I’m feeling better for tomorrow 😂
Reply 10
I’m glad it worked! We all have those days, honestly mine was like that today too, but after spending probably too long reading motivation quotes online I’m feeling better for tomorrow 😂

awe that's great!! maybe i should start doing that too to feel motivated everyday hehe
Reply 11
'An expert at anything was once a beginner'
Reply 12
'An expert at anything was once a beginner'

so true 🙏

Hey there 😀

You are truly a genius! This post is fantastic and brings much-needed positivity ❤️ I am delighted to witness the growing support in this community.

I am excited to join this wonderful initiative and share my favourite Walt Disney quote: "If you can dream it, you can do it." Personally, I want to encourage everyone to keep going. We have the potential to reach for the stars, and we should always believe in ourselves!

Take care everyone 🙂,

Julia
Psychology student
De Montfort University
Reply 14
Original post by De Montfort University
Hey there 😀

You are truly a genius! This post is fantastic and brings much-needed positivity ❤️ I am delighted to witness the growing support in this community.

I am excited to join this wonderful initiative and share my favourite Walt Disney quote: "If you can dream it, you can do it." Personally, I want to encourage everyone to keep going. We have the potential to reach for the stars, and we should always believe in ourselves!

Take care everyone 🙂,

Julia
Psychology student
De Montfort University

The magic of Disney always helps I love your quote!
I've just found this thread and LORD it is genius!! Here's my personal favourite (from Pride and Prejudice ofc) - "The distance is nothing when one has a motive" - it's not even about working but I've twisted it to mean that 😗
Reply 16
Original post by kayleigh_t.27
I've just found this thread and LORD it is genius!! Here's my personal favourite (from Pride and Prejudice ofc) - "The distance is nothing when one has a motive" - it's not even about working but I've twisted it to mean that 😗

That is actually such a good quote, it’s giving me extra motivation now!!
That is actually such a good quote, it’s giving me extra motivation now!!

❤️ ❤️ ❤️
'Work hard, play hard'
WOW! I have loved reading these over the past few weeks and seeing the collection of comments grow - I guess one of mine is you will be so proud of yourself when it is over, keep going. And one that really speaks about procrastination "Tomorrow never comes, start studying today."

Hope everyone has found one that speaks to them

-Maddie, second year Health and well-being in society student at De Montfort University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending